RAM Voltage to high

Bobert93

Fully Optimized
after my overclock yesterday worshipme said to put the ram voltage up to 2.1 in the bios, so i did, now just looking at the AI suite that came with my asus mobo it says the Voltage is 2.5, is that too high for the ram . what should i do.
oh and it says my CPU is 75 but if i reset it goes back down to 30

Try a different program to mesure the RAM voltage because the BIOS will tell the truth, programs sometimes don't. And what program are you getting these temp reading from? They're seriously messed up. (try coretemp if it's PC Wizard that's giving you those readings) 75c with a Zalman 9700?? Look in CPU-Z for the RAM specs, it will tell you that they are supposed to run at 2.1V at 400MHz(800MHz effective) 4-4-4-12.

the temps arent moving on 75 , but after i reset it will change every minute from like 25-30. core temp doesnt work on my computer i get about 10 error messages saying the driver failed to load and i have to kill the process.pc wizzard and AI Suite are both saying that its 76 right now.

Are you sure the cooler is well seated and if you removed the cooler and then put it back on, did you clean off the the thermal paste then reapply it?

it must be because this only happens a few times when it shows me its at 75 , the rest of the time its at 25

Really weird. How about you monitor it in the BIOS for 10min. This will give you the right temps. Are you still getting that CMOS error?

no not any more , its working all fine now , thank for helping me with the overclock yesterday anyway. im going to boot into bios and ill report back later

ok, bios show 25c and now that i restarted so does pc wizzard, must have just been a error, but , in the bios ive set the ram to 2.1 its still showing 2.5 is 2.5 going to damage the ram or is that a safe Voltage

Which version of AI suite?? 1.03.13??

Mine won't show any ram voltage and when you go into the Advance option to change it it says "Bios error" for the voltage, I think this version is a little flakey.

i duno what version . but this is what it looks like. is yours any diffrent to this

aisuitebn5.jpg

Back
Top Bottom