Starting small bussiness

Ok,The Roof tiling apprenticeship fell through,so it turns out im gonna stay in school,on the side i would like to start a small bussines Repairng PC's.The Name of it is going to be "Lukes PC Solutions",Or "LPCS" for short.

here are the designs for the cards: (Designed by me)

BCard.jpg

And here are the Logo Sticker Design: (By me again)

L1.jpg

I Will most likely be advertising in the Local paper,and on Ebay Services.

So,has Anybody tried this/is doing this? Also any ideas and suggestions would be good :D

its "Luke's" because you own the PC solutions, really dont want to mess that up ;)

GL with the business!!

i like, the card, but i also have had ideas of doing the same thing, actually it was with a friend, and i will be interested in if he replys.

i would just make sure you have good prices set for things, and also beable to buy parts at a good low cost so you can have lower cost than other places, and show off any certificates you have

One of my dads mates has started a few small bussiness before (For him and other people) and we are going to go through all of that sometime this week.

its "Luke's" because you own the PC solutions, really dont want to mess that up ;)

Thanks for correcting me there :D

i would just make sure you have good prices set for things, and also beable to buy parts at a good low cost so you can have lower cost than other places, and show off any certificates you have

Yeah,Good ideas there,I Was also thinking of getting an Ebay store where i can sell Computer parts on ebay in an online store format,or just make an online store.

Talking about online,im gonna make a website for this bussiness,Does anybody know of any decent Free/Paid Hosting and Domain's ?

Did it with some success as a summer business-venture with a friend. Its pretty competitive, at least where I am, so we offered a "If we can't fix it we won't charge you" deal.

A lotta of places, even Geeksquad and whatnot, charge you a diagnostic fee. Even if they can't actually fix the computer.

one thing to always do is make your customer feel comfortable if you go to there house! dress professionally and dont wander your eyes to look at anything other than them\where your going\etc. be focussed on what your doing, and never look into personal files, etc.

i would suggest getting this book
http://www.amazon.com/Certification...d_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1199940475&sr=8-1
even if you have no intention in taking the A+ exams i have learned LOADS from reading this book, teaches you how to work in the field aswell, has a chapter on how you should act, what you should do, etc.
its 1000 pages of pure genius IMHO!

Did it with some success as a summer business-venture with a friend. Its pretty competitive, at least where I am, so we offered a "If we can't fix it we won't charge you" deal.

A lotta of places, even Geeksquad and whatnot, charge you a diagnostic fee. Even if they can't actually fix the computer.

Yeah,Im Planning to have that Policy,No Fix no charge.Also Around our area,the arent all that many PC repairers around here.

@Rudster,I Might get that book,Thanks for the tips too :)

Ok,The Roof tiling apprenticeship fell through,so it turns out im gonna stay in school,on the side i would like to start a small bussines Repairng PC's.The Name of it is going to be "Lukes PC Solutions",Or "LPCS" for short.

here are the designs for the cards: (Designed by me)

BCard.jpg

And here are the Logo Sticker Design: (By me again)

L1.jpg

I Will most likely be advertising in the Local paper,and on Ebay Services.

So,has Anybody tried this/is doing this? Also any ideas and suggestions would be good :D

So, what happened to the apprenticeship? Good luck with your business.

Back
Top Bottom