computer just shuts off

Fanatic4Christ

Daemon Poster
today it has happen twice, my computer jsut shuts off randomly like if i unplugged it or something what can this be? a bad psu?

May be overheating. You may want to check if theres any dust built up inside your case.

oops, double post, it just keeps shutting off! i know that for sure its not overheating at all since nothings overclocked or anything liek that

oops, double post, it just keeps shutting off! i know that for sure its not overheating at all since nothings overclocked or anything liek that

I see you have a rosewill 850 psu. I had a rosewill psu at one point too; and while you have sufficient wattage; it may be that it is failing intermittently.

Cheaper PSU's, such as those manufactured by Rosewill, have a tendency to die unnaturally young. if you have another PSU lieing around or in another computer that can power your system; try using that.

Run Everest Home Edition (google to find) and run a report. Post the report here so we can look at your temperatures. It could easily also be that.

actualy the oen that i have is a off brand psu from 2000 a 350 watt power supply =D the first part of my sig is my computer, and ive went over all my temps monitoring them and there all good accept it shuts off, i think its the fact that its a cheap psu from 2000 haha i got a 350 on another spare computer so imma try it hopefully, i hope its just that =(

Have you checked the heatsinc, take the CPU FAN OFF and clean between the panels, if its not that then you should run your AV & spyware programs to see if you have been infected, if you think its you PSU etc there is a free program you can run that tests the wattage usage you have, then you can compare that to you PSU wattage capacity http://www.extreme.outervision.com/psucalculator.jsp

Have you checked the heatsinc, take the CPU FAN OFF and clean between the panels, if its not that then you should run your AV & spyware programs to see if you have been infected, if you think its you PSU etc there is a free program you can run that tests the wattage usage you have, then you can compare that to you PSU wattage capacity http://www.extreme.outervision.com/psucalculator.jsp

He checked his temps so I'm going to guess its the PSU.

it said that i should have a 350 watt power supply =\

So this could be the problem. The minimum requirement is a 350 and you have a 350. It is probably shutting off during times of slightly increased power demand. Do you have any way of obtaining a slightly higher wattage psu for just a short while?

Back
Top Bottom