Passing the torch

now how often do you find that laying around, hell i dont think a manually for any computer that my family has bought has lasted for more than a year, before it was lost

We've kept it all in the old computer desk that we've had slightly longer than that computer. (We had an even older computer but it met it's maker due to lightning)

But yeah it looks like it just came out of the box. CPU options:
Intel P54C or P55C MMX, AMD-K5, or Cyrix 6x86 lol

back then AMD had the rights to ALL of intels CPU's designs, so bascially all the intel chips had amd counterparts that were EXACTLY the same, since AMD use to be just a partner of intel and make there cpu's, they eventully broke off and they still had the rights to all of the future intel cpu designs :p therefore AMD just made intel's cpu's and printed the AMD name on them. you could easily switch out an intel chip for an amd chip on a motherboard meant only for intels, thats how much they same they wore.

eventully AMD\Intel came to an agreement and AMD\Intel threw out the legal papers that gave AMD those rights. if it wasnt for that, AMD would be knocking out C2D's!!

back then AMD had the rights to ALL of intels CPU's designs, so bascially all the intel chips had amd counterparts that were EXACTLY the same, since AMD use to be just a partner of intel and make there cpu's, they eventully broke off and they still had the rights to all of the future intel cpu designs :p therefore AMD just made intel's cpu's and printed the AMD name on them. you could easily switch out an intel chip for an amd chip on a motherboard meant only for intels, thats how much they same they wore.

eventully AMD\Intel came to an agreement and AMD\Intel threw out the legal papers that gave AMD those rights. if it wasnt for that, AMD would be knocking out C2D's!!

Where did you hear that?

While their products were always close, they were never the same thing. In fact, AMD used to come out on top a lot in the early days.

i read it in the mike meyers book i got, somewhere in chapter 3 where he discuss's modern CPU's he mentions that. he said it himself that you could interchange them because they were that alike.

im pretty sure it was pre pentium days though

i read it in the mike meyers book i got, somewhere in chapter 3 where he discuss's modern CPU's he mentions that. he said it himself that you could interchange them because they were that alike.

im pretty sure it was pre pentium days though

Yes, they could go on the same socket, but they were NEVER different branches of the same company.

lol i find one of those pc's in the garbage every 2 weeks...i've seen older. way older.

found one of these before

MacSE-USA800k-1206-set.jpg

Apple SE

what a beauty

That fails.
Mine rocks because!...
It used WinME. On 32MB of RAM. Yeah.

Back
Top Bottom