Passing the torch

D-Lew

Fully Optimized
Well the time has come to dismantle our old beast of a computer. I already miss it, but it will live on as a wall hanging in either my room or my brother's.

She is a good 12 or so years old and served us well, but was replaced today by my old Dell which I have handed down to my parents. Here are the specs that I know:

200MHz Pentium MMX
(Surprise) Motherboard, see pics below
Creative sound card, which apparently wasn't PCI
32MB RAM
Some kind of GPU, but I couldn't identify it well

On to the pics, but a little story first. This is basically the first time I've dug around in this computer. There was a huge mess of ribbon cables and PSU wires all over the place, so I never really saw inside. Well finally getting to the board and dusting it off, I noticed it was in fact a very nice ASUS board. So here's to 12 proud years of ASUS! (Both my brother and I are avid users of their products, in addition to building around their mobos)

IMG_0074sm.jpg

IMG_0072sm.jpg

My new background for a while:
IMG_0071sm.jpg

IMG_0069sm.jpg

IMG_0068sm.jpg

that what those bottom things are, i was like they start with a I, but i forgot. they got some in a basket at work, if you didnt know that...Dan

That's what the sound card plugged into. The GPU was actually PCI.

haha i have a much older motherboard, its now hanging next to my makeshift workshop in my room, ill look at it here......
its a socket 7 aswell
4 ISA slots\4 PCI slots (ISA slots run at a whopping ~9.3mhz)
just after the age of CPU core decreases, all CPU's use to run at 3.3V :p this one has manual voltage config via jumpers
6 SIMM slots
8 onboard RAM IC's
intel chipset that is date to 1994, thats 13 years old! HA! mine is older :p
only the anicent AT keyboard connector on it :p

EDIT:
i also have an old Slot 1 motherboard, and some old K6 CPU's, a 2x cd rom drive, a 5.44" floppy drive. some pretty old stuff that my grandpa had :)

Holy snipes my dad just found the manual for the board, in absolutely perfect condition.

Back
Top Bottom