Wierd internet speeds.

I played World of Warcraft, Maplestory and Guild Wars lag-free for a few months. Runescape worked fine, too. Obviously first person shooters and other more bandwidth-intensive games would probably not function as well without lag - I haven't tried them though.
Ah .. when I moved into my new house I had to use dial up for a couople weeks.. Used AOL and in World of Warcraft I would have 12k MS>.. :eek: so that wasn't fun .. you must have a good dial up connection then.

Ah .. when I moved into my new house I had to use dial up for a couople weeks.. Used AOL and in World of Warcraft I would have 12k MS>.. :eek: so that wasn't fun .. you must have a good dial up connection then.
I'm not sure you can put Bell and good in the same sentence. It works most of the time I guess but sometimes it goes down and I can't connect or web pages don't load or it gets extremely slow (down to 1-2kb/s) or the latency skyrockets but generally in World of Warcraft, my pings were around 200ms. Sometimes lower, sometimes higher. I got the same latency at the library when they had broadband, but it was wireless so yeah.

I'm not sure you can put Bell and good in the same sentence. It works most of the time I guess but sometimes it goes down and I can't connect or web pages don't load or it gets extremely slow (down to 1-2kb/s) or the latency skyrockets but generally in World of Warcraft, my pings were around 200ms. Sometimes lower, sometimes higher. I got the same latency at the library when they had broadband, but it was wireless so yeah.

Well 200ms is actualy as good as broadband ... wierd.. :eek: but I get 190 to 200 ms on my broadband connection.. In a very populated server.

Well 200ms is actualy as good as broadband ... wierd.. :eek: but I get 190 to 200 ms on my broadband connection.. In a very populated server.
I did a bit of research because I kinda thought I knew what the name of the realm I played on was and I found it. I played on Terokkar. It was probably low-medium population at the time but the only reason I joined was when I first started playing World of Warcraft, it was recommended or something. I quit after a month or two, the game just wasn't exciting anymore.

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/census.php?serverid=780

Ah I see... Ive been playing for almost 3 years now.. basicly second it came out. LOL but if I had to use the AOL Dialup I had to use for a couple weeks, I'd quite in a heartbeat.

Ah I see... Ive been playing for almost 3 years now.. basicly second it came out. LOL but if I had to use the AOL Dialup I had to use for a couple weeks, I'd quite in a heartbeat.
I've never used anything by AOL, though I'd imagine the latency wouldn't get as bad as 12,000 milliseconds... must have been a problem with your line or something.

Back
Top Bottom