Random Chit Chat #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday was...a interesting, day for me.

As some of you know we raise cattle, we usually run about 200 (100 female cows, and their 100ish calves from the previous year) but from January to June we can run over 300 because this time of year the females are pregnant. Anyway out of the 200 we usually keep 190-200 are "good" cows, calm and laid back, gentle and good mothers. The other 10 are problem cows, we have one in particular who is a really pretty cow..big in height and muscular, not fat but weighs about 1200 pounds and smart as a whip. But she is evil.

We have been trying to cut her from the herd after she came close to breaking my neck/back while we wormed/vaccinated the herd. But she will always jump a fence or destroy a gate when we tried to catch her...but yesterday we FINALLY cornered her and got her on the trailer. My grandpa and uncle carried her to town to the cattle sale barn to take her to the weekly sale, but after the employees unloaded her she escaped...destroyed a gate and nearly broke a guys leg and the last anyone saw of her was her running around the barn and clearing a fence and running in the general direction of the county's largest town (of 2,000:p:(). No one is exactly sure where she is...

Heh whats worse is the cattle barn had to pay grandpa for the cow..because as soon as the cow steps off the trailer it belongs to the cattle barn until it's sold, so if your cows dies/escapes then in their eyes it's "their" fault she could get away/die. More than likely they will have to shoot her because she will not be easy to catch, they were going to get 4-5 horses up and try and drive her back to the barn..but she has charged me on a 4 wheeler before, she will not be afraid of horses.

But anyway that Afternoon I went to the barn with my grandpa to pick up his check for the other cows he had sold and on the way back a truck behind us with a trailer full of about a dozen cows had a blow out...more like the lug nuts fell off and the whole wheel and rim shot off...so the wheel hub is throwing sparks and sets a string of small grass fires along side the road, we stop and turn around to help them and get the fires beat out and try to help with their trailer...but some other folks stopped, one farmer who had taken cows to the sale let him move his cows onto another his empty trailer and another man tied a rope around part of the hub and tied it to the trailer so it wouldn't scrape and then they left lol

wow thats a random, but interesting story :)
nothing good like that happens here in the UK :(

Yesterday was...a interesting, day for me.

As some of you know we raise cattle, we usually run about 200 (100 female cows, and their 100ish calves from the previous year) but from January to June we can run over 300 because this time of year the females are pregnant. Anyway out of the 200 we usually keep 190-200 are "good" cows, calm and laid back, gentle and good mothers. The other 10 are problem cows, we have one in particular who is a really pretty cow..big in height and muscular, not fat but weighs about 1200 pounds and smart as a whip. But she is evil.

We have been trying to cut her from the herd after she came close to breaking my neck/back while we wormed/vaccinated the herd. But she will always jump a fence or destroy a gate when we tried to catch her...but yesterday we FINALLY cornered her and got her on the trailer. My grandpa and uncle carried her to town to the cattle sale barn to take her to the weekly sale, but after the employees unloaded her she escaped...destroyed a gate and nearly broke a guys leg and the last anyone saw of her was her running around the barn and clearing a fence and running in the general direction of the county's largest town (of 2,000:p:(). No one is exactly sure where she is...

Heh whats worse is the cattle barn had to pay grandpa for the cow..because as soon as the cow steps off the trailer it belongs to the cattle barn until it's sold, so if your cows dies/escapes then in their eyes it's "their" fault she could get away/die. More than likely they will have to shoot her because she will not be easy to catch, they were going to get 4-5 horses up and try and drive her back to the barn..but she has charged me on a 4 wheeler before, she will not be afraid of horses.

But anyway that Afternoon I went to the barn with my grandpa to pick up his check for the other cows he had sold and on the way back a truck behind us with a trailer full of about a dozen cows had a blow out...more like the lug nuts fell off and the whole wheel and rim shot off...so the wheel hub is throwing sparks and sets a string of small grass fires along side the road, we stop and turn around to help them and get the fires beat out and try to help with their trailer...but some other folks stopped, one farmer who had taken cows to the sale let him move his cows onto another his empty trailer and another man tied a rope around part of the hub and tied it to the trailer so it wouldn't scrape and then they left lol

HA! Good story, wish i had a story to tell :p

dude_se, good to see you posting again ;) wish someone would have taken my 20$ on rather you would post again by the end of the month :p

haha yep, u missed out there rud ;)
i decided not to make you all sad by leaving
haha :p ... meh it was just a bad cf week last week

better with what??? be more specific, i dont know what your thinking you know ;)

although im 99% sure your talking your posts, so just remember we cant read your mind, and keep the grammer neat, and try to avoid as many chat shortcuts as you can. i hate wen ppl tlk like dis, this is a forum, not a chatroom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom