I'm Back!

you're just trying to justify spending that much on a cable. you can get a cable of the same quality for 20 dollars. im serious.

It's not just the signal I want from a cable. Any cable with copper wires will carry a signal.
But take a look at this.... http://www.monstercable.com/productdisplay.asp?pin=4683

It's not just about carrying a signal anymore, it's about the speed and color reproduction.
The cables I have are capable of bandwidth of 6.68Gbps. I can't say that other companies are doing the same, otherwise it would drive their prices up. A cable rated at those speeds would have to cost more because it costs more to produce them.

Well, thats just confusing, because any HDMI cable will have to go with spec for it to be legal, and since its digital, shouldn't matter one bit...

Which makes this useless, as every cable should achieve this:
Guarantees select Monster Advanced cables for HDMI will deliver a 1080p video signal without visual aberrations.

All should achieve this also, or am I wrong?:
Select Monster Advanced cables for HDMI can transfer up to eight channels of 192 kHz/24-bit high-resolution audio for ultimate 5.1/7.1 surround sound.

Am I missing something?

With monster they tell you what you're getting.
Monster HDMI 500hd Standard Speed HDMI Cable--Certifies a cable bandwidth of 2.23 Gbps* for maximum performance from standard high definition digital TVs and other audio/video sources. This is the cable you need as an entry-level solution to getting the most out of your current equipment up to 720p/1080i resolutions.

Monster HDMI 700hd High Speed HDMI Cable--Certifies a cable bandwidth of 4.95 Gbps* for true 1080p video performance and high-resolution multi-channel audio. This is the cable for you if you want to get the most of the 1080p technology that's currently available.

HDMI 800HD is your link to pulse-pounding HD gaming on your high definition home theater. Whether you're in the center of the action or watching a 1080p DVD on your gaming console, 800HD boosts the bandwidth to over 6.68Gbps for ultra-accurate digital signal transfer.

That means you¹re not just playing, you¹re in the game. Graphics are sharper and more detailed, colors are richer and more lifelike, and sounds are bigger and bolder. Bring the experience to life with 800HD.

Monster HDMI 1000hd Ultra-High Speed HDMI Cable--Guarantees a certified cable bandwidth of 10.2 Gbps* and greater, and will support not only the truest 1080p, but advanced source and display technologies such as 120 Hz refresh rates, x.v.Color, and Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD. If you want a cable that's truly future-proof against advancing HD technologies, the 1000hd is what's right for you.

I have the Monster ultra high speed HDMI 1000 hooked up to my 1080p Sony SXRD 50" HDTV, and the Monster High speed ultra 800 cable hooked up to my Sharp Aquos 1080p 32" in the bedroom. Either way both signals are better than my friends 40 dollar phillips cable hooked up to the same tv. Maybe some people realy don't care about a 1% difference, but I do and thats all that matters. The difference is there however miniscule the difference is. So in the long run I'd rather stick to what my eyes and ears tell me.

After a while of being buried up to my neck in college stuff, jobs etc, I finally was able to pay you guys a visit.
It's good to be back.
I do have a question though. In regards to LCD HDTV's. I recently purchased a Sharp Aquos LC 32D62U 32" 1080p LCD HDTV. It has absolute beautiful picture quality, only one problem....It has a count of exactly 5 stuck pixels and 1 hot pixel(always lit up bright) I already have a replacement scheduled for delivery on thursday, but is this normal for lcd tv's? or am I just one unlucky individual? After spending $1,300 for the tv, plus $250 for a 3 yr warranty and $130 for an 8 foot monster hdmi cable, am I just being picky expecting perfection out of my display? I hate dead pixels, they absolutely annoy me when I'm playing games or watching a movie. My eye always seems to migrate from the action on the screen to the stupid dead pixel!:mad:

Can I expect perfection from my new replacement that comes on thursday? or am I doomed to forever see dead pixels all over my screen?
Any feedback is greatlly appreciated.:)

Welcome back dude. (sorry for inturrupting the convo:))

With monster they tell you what you're getting.
Monster HDMI 500hd Standard Speed HDMI Cable--Certifies a cable bandwidth of 2.23 Gbps* for maximum performance from standard high definition digital TVs and other audio/video sources. This is the cable you need as an entry-level solution to getting the most out of your current equipment up to 720p/1080i resolutions.

Monster HDMI 700hd High Speed HDMI Cable--Certifies a cable bandwidth of 4.95 Gbps* for true 1080p video performance and high-resolution multi-channel audio. This is the cable for you if you want to get the most of the 1080p technology that's currently available.

HDMI 800HD is your link to pulse-pounding HD gaming on your high definition home theater. Whether you're in the center of the action or watching a 1080p DVD on your gaming console, 800HD boosts the bandwidth to over 6.68Gbps for ultra-accurate digital signal transfer.

That means you¹re not just playing, you¹re in the game. Graphics are sharper and more detailed, colors are richer and more lifelike, and sounds are bigger and bolder. Bring the experience to life with 800HD.

Monster HDMI 1000hd Ultra-High Speed HDMI Cable--Guarantees a certified cable bandwidth of 10.2 Gbps* and greater, and will support not only the truest 1080p, but advanced source and display technologies such as 120 Hz refresh rates, x.v.Color, and Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD. If you want a cable that's truly future-proof against advancing HD technologies, the 1000hd is what's right for you.

I have the Monster ultra high speed HDMI 1000 hooked up to my 1080p Sony SXRD 50" HDTV, and the Monster High speed ultra 800 cable hooked up to my Sharp Aquos 1080p 32" in the bedroom. Either way both signals are better than my friends 40 dollar phillips cable hooked up to the same tv. Maybe some people realy don't care about a 1% difference, but I do and thats all that matters. The difference is there however miniscule the difference is. So in the long run I'd rather stick to what my eyes and ears tell me.
omg none of that impact the colors. the signal that comes in one end comes out the other. end of story. no changes done by the cable. get it?

all that shit on their website is just marketing jargon

Back
Top Bottom