wireless monitoring

You're totally right. But don't wait to catch her in the act. Chances are it'll happen by accident or curiosity.

Warn her. Block the sites before hand to the best of your ability. Never spy on anyone without they're knowlege. Its a terrible thing to find out even as a child. My parents never spyed on me. They told me. If we catch you..... this and this would happen. So you'd know they'd be checking up on me because look... they're your parents.

I couldn't imagine how angry I would be if my parents had secret logs about me on their computer.

I think the number one solution would be to have computers in high traffic areas but this isn't always the case. Second best would be "not in their rooms". Thats just my .02

I couldn't imagine how angry I would be if my parents had secret logs about me on their computer.

Exactly. It's their computer. They can do what ever they want to it. A child has the privilege to use a computer, not the right. Computer owners can monitor their equipment legally. Period. If you don't like it, don't use their equipment and buy your own.

Now just remember guys, I'm not even 18 yet. I don't have kids, but I know how the system works. Mature a little bit here please. You may be mad, or pissed if it happened to you, but the computers aren't yours so get over it.

...R-Rated movies, go out on unattended dates..

those were unnessesary. but i agree and respect everything else u said.. i would recommend just blocking the sites u dont like. i dont recomend "Watching" her through a software program. i am 16 myself and trust me she will get offensive with her myspace. etc.

i am suspecting if shes allowed a computer shes at least my age.

When you live under some one eles's roof and they pay the bills, you play the game by their rules. When you get out on your own, you can do as you want.
Considering the child is only 12 and he's one of the parent's, he had a right and a parental obligation to be observant of what his child does. In the world today there are many that would take advantage of this young child, or worse.

One program out there that has gotten high praise is NetNanny. There are others that can be obtained. Talking to her or as suggested setting the computer up in a family room would be helpful in seeing what and where she goes online.

Vista has some interesting parental controls. If you're running that check them out from the control panel.

Being a parent isn't always easy. But at the end of the day, it's well worth the effort.

Damn, one day I looked for something like this just to see what it would do and I found a perfect one, it scanned all network IP addresses and it tells you the name of the computer, their software/OS and all that stuff and what they were looking at and it shows a picture of their screen, and it was all browser-based.

Hehe i'm 16, my parents know that I know whats appropriate so they don't really care. I get good grades so that wins it over somewhat...

Back
Top Bottom