Big Issue!!HELP

mykul

Baseband Member
Ok i start up my computer.. when i get to the user account screen, i sign in, then it blinks and shows my background image (desktop but with no icons) and then signs out.. ???? whats going on.. i have no idea why its doing this, i tried safe mode, and it does the same thing.. last known good configuration as well.. what can i do? this is looking very dire.. i just removed the big spyware that was causing my last problem.. and now this..

the only thing i can remmeber doing last night that may have caused this was, i was using counterspy.. and putting automatic protection, and when i tried to open a folder in my phone.. access thing came up, something like runxd....exe.. or something..and i blocked it from runing again..

reformat would proberly fix it, but someone else might know a better way to fix it thoe

Try and boot up into safemode. Maybe once your in do a system restore to a point where you know that your comptuer was working; like a week or two ago. That should fix it.

Safe mode does the same thing..

And system restore, even if i got to it, wouldnt work, hasnt been working for ages, some spyware or trojan is wrecking with it, and there i cant make any restore points, because they get deleted everytime i reboot. And it says theres a restore point at the current time im looking at it.

For example, its tuesday 2:00

It says theres a checkpoint tuesday 2:00

I would then do a Reformat and just reload it, that would be the best way, and probably the easiest.

well you can still get most to all of your Data off your drive, but your going to need to reinstall all drivers you have for your mobo and anything else, plus reinstall all your programs you have on it

Sorry should have more thoroughly read your post as you said you tried safe mode before.

If your really committed to saving your computer, try installing another OS on your computer on a separate partition. Then boot into that OS and run some antivirus. The virus shouldn't affect the second OS since viruses are OS specific. Look into ubuntu linux, its easy to install and free. Good luck.

EDIT: If you don't currently have a 2nd partition you should be able to do it even with a virus on your computer.

Arrggh. The thing is i got two hard drives, ones my dads. His is an external, and he pushes it in the case or w/e and starts the computer.. and it boots his HD, if i remove it, then boot the comp, it boots mine. I'm using his atm, and he can go through my files like the hard drive, but not my documents ( which im more interested in ) and then yerr.. but I've tried copying some files, but they don't work.

Ok, in order to not lose your data besides your personal ones, here's what to do: ReinstallWIndows XP without reformating. It'll delete the Windows dirctory. Then, it'll be fresh installed again. Now, for your important stuff, you'll need to take ownership of the files, and that, I can't help you, because I still can't do it myself.

Back
Top Bottom