I'm Back!

deepthroat

In Runtime
After a while of being buried up to my neck in college stuff, jobs etc, I finally was able to pay you guys a visit.
It's good to be back.
I do have a question though. In regards to LCD HDTV's. I recently purchased a Sharp Aquos LC 32D62U 32" 1080p LCD HDTV. It has absolute beautiful picture quality, only one problem....It has a count of exactly 5 stuck pixels and 1 hot pixel(always lit up bright) I already have a replacement scheduled for delivery on thursday, but is this normal for lcd tv's? or am I just one unlucky individual? After spending $1,300 for the tv, plus $250 for a 3 yr warranty and $130 for an 8 foot monster hdmi cable, am I just being picky expecting perfection out of my display? I hate dead pixels, they absolutely annoy me when I'm playing games or watching a movie. My eye always seems to migrate from the action on the screen to the stupid dead pixel!:mad:

Can I expect perfection from my new replacement that comes on thursday? or am I doomed to forever see dead pixels all over my screen?
Any feedback is greatlly appreciated.:)

You should never have dead pixels. You have a defective display. Once you get the replacement, if it's good, you should be set. I've never had them develop before. They've always been there from the start.

Your not asking for too much to have a display with no defects.

Thats good news. I have heard alot of people say that dead pixels are rare. In fact, that issue was the entire reason I was cautious about buying a new tv. To me, dead pixels are my worst nightmare....
I just wonder how many people have gotten displays like this and not said anything(or even noticed). I'm really hoping that the next display will be free from defects. I'm the kind of guy that will return 10 tv's till I get a perfect one (if need be).
I just hope that is not where this is heading, lol!
To me $1,700 is not easy money.

Not sure about the policy on televisions, but I do know on LCD Monitors you can't return it because of broken pixels.

When you're like me and freak out over the tiniest of problems, yes they are a big deal. two of the pixels are so visible and bright that I can literally see them from 6-7 feet away!!
They bug me so much it just drives me crazy. I have seen display models in many stores and they did not present this problem. Even the low end displays like polaroid, westinghouse and vizio did not have dead, stuck or hot pixels.
Anyone who has had this problem on a brand new hdtv knows where I'm comming from.
What do you think the chances are of me getting another defective display? This realy worries me.
I have seen perfect LCDs out there, so I know it's possible to get one with no defects.

I remember going to buy this thing in the store and the salesman tried to tell me there was no difference between 720p and 1080p in a 32" size. I have heard this before and tested it myself. My friend and I both brought in our HD DVD players to the store and hooked them up to both a 720p Samsung and the 1080p Aquos with hdmi cables. The aquos had much deeper, smoother detail and color depth, even at close distances. The Samsung 720p set got pixelated when you got more than 3 feet close. Since I was planning on not only using this as a tv but as my computer monitor, I needed that extra bit of detail.

100 stuck pixels! I would be absolutely infuriated by this! I would have gotten so mad I would have chucked it out the window, LOL.
How do you live with that? Are they not visible to you, or do they just not bother you?
I would definately get a replacement.

For me, I payed for a 1920x1080p hdtv. That means I should see 2073600 pixels at all times not 2073594 pixels. I must have perfection for my money, I payed in CASH for this thing. No payments, no credit cards, no bulls**t.
I WANT ALL MY PIXELS!!! LOL

100 stuck pixels! I would be absolutely infuriated by this! I would have gotten so mad I would have chucked it out the window, LOL.
How do you live with that? Are they not visible to you, or do they just not bother you?
I would definately get a replacement.

For me, I payed for a 1920x1080p hdtv. That means I should see 2073600 pixels at all times not 2073594 pixels. I must have perfection for my money, I payed in CASH for this thing. No payments, no credit cards, no bulls**t.
I WANT ALL MY PIXELS!!! LOL

Meh I live with it, they can be quite visible. I mainly use my laptop for word processing though. Replacement, yeah good luck its not under warranty.

Also, do you have OCD? You sure sound like it.

Back
Top Bottom