overclock problem

Bobert93

Fully Optimized
the other day i overclocked my Q6600 to 3.2 ghz , it worked fine the first couple of times when i started my computer, but when i started my computer up today i got this message saying overclock failuer so it told me to load defaults of go into bios,

i went into bios then exited without chaing anything and it worked fine. i dont want to go into the bios every morning so what should i do. just for the moment i put it back at 2.4,

and overheating wasnt an issue when it was overclocked it would be 35C while playing crysis

i tryed that then exited but cpu-z didnt show any diffrence ,but ill try again in a minute

k, yea dont turn it up much at all, start really small, and watch your temps like an eagle

at the moment that temps are 27 in a game it goes to 29,ive been watcing my temps like 10 eagles since i built it

at the moment that temps are 27 in a game it goes to 29,ive been watcing my temps like 10 eagles since i built it
I very much doubt those temps unless it is snowing and you have all the windows and doors open. What does CoreTemp report??

What voltage are you feeding the cpu? also what voltage are you feeding the memory?

Granted these are on a P35 board but it may give you a guide to work with.

ocingtn1.jpg

well its got the 5 fans of antec 900 and the 9700 at 2500 rpms, it says it on both speedfan and pc wizzard 08, coretemp doesnt work , but i will try it again

You're running Vista 64, I forgot about that sorry mate, man if the X38 reduces temps that much I can't wait to get home, my P5E3 arrived today.

They're excellent temps :D

yer is it the same mobo, i only had one problem with it, if you have a big cpu cooler like i do and you need to put a back plate and front plate on you will need a sloidering iron to melt of about 8mm of the front plate,
1873_l.jpg

it wont fit on with the all the heat spreaders around the cooler, if u want more info just ask

It isn't his Vcore or temps, I talked him through the OC and he was using a 1.3V Vcore. I didn't tell him what to set his RAM to though. Cryman, you have the same RAM as me and mine is running at 2.1V. Just check this in your BIOS. You could just try resetting your BIOS and then OC'ing again. Resetting the BIOS can solve a huge amount of problems you can encounter with PCs, especially when OC'ing. BTW for your temps, are you checking the core temps as well and not just the processor temps?

Back
Top Bottom