I'm happy

whats wrong with writing up a thread like this? if he wants to share his 3dmark adventures than he can, i enjoyed it and so did thelis and the other person whom i forget.

just because you dont like something doesnt mean that it was a waste of time

sorry Rudster i was having a quiet conversation with D-Lew on the matter as i was interested....why do you feel the need to answer every question for him?..I am interested in his thoughts rather than yours..cheers

It was kinda a challenge by my bro and further instigated by my hardheadedness to hit 6k. Also I wanted to see if I had a chance to catch the #1 system in my class. His cpu overclocks just a tad higher than mine and he is running 2 7900 GTOs which are probably even rarer than my card and overclock really well as a result of a full slot cooler, whereas mine just has a standard HSF that is made out of copper. If I was in SLI with my card it would be very close I assure you.

I learned a lot from overclocking as to what my CPU can and can't handle, and even more about my GPU and am now running those clocks above for gaming. If I didn't try I would still be stock. It was just my random project for the day.

sorry Rudster i was having a quiet conversation with D-Lew on the matter as i was interested....why do you feel the need to answer every question for him?..I am interested in his thoughts rather than yours..cheers

because i have thoughts on the matter too ;) if you want a quiet conversation than PM him, this is a thread, not a place where you and D-Lew can have private conversations.

A stable overclock for me still sometimes isn't stable, this chip has quirks that I can't figure out how to solve. However, I usually run at around 26-2700MHz just fine, with a blue screen or two every month.

Right now I have it set back to stock because I deleted that good OC profile while I was experimenting, so I have to go back and figure everything out. I'm giving it a break.

ALso I forgot to mention this in the thread but I think I did go way overboard, because Windows made me reactivate once because it said all my hardware had changed.

because i have thoughts on the matter too ;) if you want a quiet conversation than PM him, this is a thread, not a place where you and D-Lew can have private conversations.

:rolleyes: you would be the first to sook if someone answered all your questions for you

:rolleyes: you would be the first to sook if someone answered all your questions for you

i dont get it, but im not even answering his questions for him, i was just saying that it wasnt a waste of his time like you made it seem like. its called positive reinforcement ;)

Yeah, well I guess the overall point of this thread is:

Windows sucks, but at least you can play games.
If an overclock is worth doing it's worth overdoing.
A small overclock for me is barely worth doing.
My GPU is rare and awkward, but it flies.
I finally got 2.8 out of the chip for a reasonable amount of time.
And I'm literally crazy sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom