I'm happy

Congrats on breaking 6,000. Is the system stable?

Depends what you mean. Stable enough to make it through a 3dmark? Yes. Stable enough to use 24/7? No.

It crashes randomly at times. The video card seems to do alright at those clocks but I had to do some extreme stuff to the CPU to get it to turn out 6,000. It doesn't like being around 2.8 GHz but surprisingly it did well there. I used to not be able to make it far past the boot into Windows at those speeds. Windsors aren't the greatest overclocking cores. If I wanted to I could get a Brisbane and run it around 2.8 but I don't care all that much.

To hit 6,000 and try other means of overclocking to learn more about my chip and memory. Why wouldn't anyone try to see what all they could squeeze out of it? If you were at 5995 with a relatively stable clock then don't tell me you'd just shrug it off and leave well enough alone? :confused:

what is the point then?

just to see if you can get above 6k, for a 7900GT/AMD X2 thats a very good score

i got 8550 with my GPU OC'd to 590/935, not much of an improvmnet, thats always why i never OC'd my graphcis card. although i think its in part due to my crappy motherboard

If you were at 5995 with a relatively stable clock then don't tell me you'd just shrug it off and leave well enough alone? :confused:

yes i would...the end goal of overclocking for me means squeezing as much as you can while having a stable computer....no good having a car that can go 300Kph if it breaks down after 20 metres. I just don't see the thrill in an extra 10 benchmarking points if it means you can't even put the extra power to use

I'm not talking about trying it i am talking about writing a thread on it..oh well you must just have more time on your hands than I

Back
Top Bottom