Job Opinions

simmccooter

Beta member
Hi Everyone,

Im currently getting ready for college, and i wanna get into the field of computer tech. But i don't exactly know what i want to do, or what jobs are out there. I would like a decent paying job, nothing to low. I was looking at learning C++ and programing, since they seem to make good pay.

But if i could get everyones opinions please, i would like to see whats out there and what i could do.

Thank you!

-Ryan

It would be very hard to go straight into C++ because employers will want alot of experience for that. You can get similar levels of pay with other programming such as perl/php which would be ideal for moving on to C++ at a later date

the number one thing to have in the computer field is experience. get a summer job at a computer store every summer, and your chance of being hired will shoot up.

What is C++?? BUt I am going to high school next year. I am going to do either engineering/arcutech(spelling sorry), or law enforcment. I would love to be in the FBI:)

What is C++?? BUt I am going to high school next year. I am going to do either engineering/arcutech(spelling sorry), or law enforcment. I would love to be in the FBI:)

PHP is an internet programming language used for communicating between clients and servers. Very useful.

C++ is, in my opinion, the most important and versatile computer language out there. Its relatively easy to use, (compared to languages like Java which in my opinion was a waste of time for me), and can be effectively used to create games, user applications, and complex programs.

I made a C++ program in my class that did my physics homework for me. It was actually just a program that knew how to do Algebra and basic Calculus; but I could use it for my physics homework :-D

EDIT: Its spelled architect hehe. Anyways get good grades if you want to go into that field. I'm currently seeking a double major in Civil Engineering and Nuclear Engineering. Architechture tends to be heavier on design and art, while engineering is more function. Plus they tend to design a broader range of things such as sewers, highways, large office buildings, or if you go for mechanical engineering things like tractors, drills, cranes, and what not. And if you go for nuclear engineering, you build/manage/supervise/research nuclear facilities.

Back
Top Bottom