overclocking problem

Fanatic4Christ

Daemon Poster
well i finnaly decided to take a pic of the error it gives me when i look at my bios ive overclocked it ONCE to 2.75mhz but i fucked it up when i tryed to go higher haha now it only goes to 2.4 and thats all, heres the pics

bios1.jpg

bios.jpg

The first pic is useless.

In the second pic for starters I'd be putting my os hdd on IDE1, why you have it connected to IDE2 has me perplexed.

That screen is a standard "Overclocking Failed" screen, nothing special, reset the cmos, boot up, take note of your cpu vcore, boot back to the bios, try again at the same or slightly higher vcore, oc the cpu only (until you get it stable) so use a divider on the ram.

Rinse and repeat.

I take it you're new to overclocking??

first of all its not a ide drive its a sata drive and its hooked up to the right one it just reads it like that, second ive got it to 2.4ghz stable stable with the temps at 41 celcius at full load so i want it to run at about 46 or so at full load =D yeah the first pics blurry as heck haha those are cell phone pictures haha but i dont understand how it worked before and it wont work again .... =[

first of all its not a ide drive its a sata drive and its hooked up to the right one it just reads it like that,
well it is a biostar board I spose lol

second ive got it to 2.4ghz stable stable with the temps at 41 celcius at full load so i want it to run at about 46 or so at full load =D ............ i dont understand how it worked before and it wont work again .... =[
Did you reset the cmos or reset default settings in the bios at all? That may have dropped the vcore below the level needed for your overclock. Is the ram seperated with a divider or are you overclocking it at the same time? Is the ram getting enough voltage? (if you are indeed overclocking it)

well thats the thing, if i try to up the voltage on the ram, i have to pull the battery and restart the bios haha cuz it wont start up with it like that, and all's i raise is the cpu mhz and the vcore the most i can up it is like 10 volts but it wont go any higher than 209 mhz but on normal voltage it can go up to 218 =(

wtf is that??????? hahahah ill brb gonna go take pics of the options it gives me =D

*edit* alright here's the pics i took, now what are you talking about on here haha
bios4.jpg

bios3.jpg

bios2.jpg

What ram do you have and what are the manufacturers timing recommendations??

Those timings in the pic look awful tight from what I can make out, you may need to relax them to oc.

to tell the thruth im not exactly sure, mabie it is? but should i lower the timings before i overclock?

You need to determine what the ram is to know what timing to use, i'm guessing that the ram is DDR400 with the timings (that I can make out it looks like) 2.5-3-3-7. You would need to relax these to 3-4-4-8 (best guesstimate without knowing the brand & model of the ram)

You would need to loosen these timings in the bios at the same time as you apply your overclock settings.

Back
Top Bottom