PS3 Vs New Pc

ssc456

Fully Optimized
ok guys u gotta help me decide what to get at the end of the month a

60Gb PS3

or a Q6600 2Gb 800 Mhz RAM n new motherboard ?

i estimate both will be approximately the same price if i use my existing hardrive, case, dvd drives.

now i know alot of you will be "byist" to pc i think thats what it is,

but think if it this was the Ps3 offers me unbelievable gaming blu ray movie capability and lots of fun,

the new pc will offer me faster everythiing i have now aka, it will do exactly the same as my current pc e.g run a web server radio station browse the web copy dvd's ect just alot faster.

so wot do u think i will get the most out of ?

okay, i'd sudgest you just do the upgrade and buy alot of computer games, if you dont want to do that, then go with the ps3 because its not worth upgrading that much for just those things, the ps3 is actualy quite fun, why not have a computer AND a ps3, i'd personally say you should get the ps3 =D (try madden, that games the shiznit!)

PC is infinitely more resourceful( at least to me)

/bias

Actually the PS3 is damn close to a computer. You can install various OS's on it as well as hook it up to printers and such. Frankly when I got mine I was amazed what all its capable of.

Of course its not going to burn stuff but I'd say go for the PS3! Wait for the new line up of Intels there just around the corner. Buy the PS3 now in a few months the lower end QX9 series will show up and by then you should have some more coin lying around.

Actually the PS3 is damn close to a computer. You can install various OS's on it as well as hook it up to printers and such. Frankly when I got mine I was amazed what all its capable of.

Of course its not going to burn stuff but I'd say go for the PS3! Wait for the new line up of Intels there just around the corner. Buy the PS3 now in a few months the lower end QX9 series will show up and by then you should have some more coin lying around.

isent the new QX9 series going to cost around 1k? im a amd fan but i would def get one of those if it was cheaper

isent the new QX9 series going to cost around 1k? im a amd fan but i would def get one of those if it was cheaper

Well the QX9650 is already out. Yes its like 1K but all Intel chips that carry the X- Xtreme logo are 1K. Not sure what the specific numbers will be but they will drop the X from QX and those will be the cheaper 45nm CPU's. There do out in a few months. Thats why I told him to wait on.

I guess I should mention if you go that route check your board cause you may need a new one for 45nm support lol. Money money money gotta love it!

Of coarse I say PC!

The PS3 is only a good idea if you absolutely want blu-ray movies.
Unless your a Metal Gear Solid or JRPG fanatic, the ps3 doesn't offer squat game-wise.

And yes, you can install an OS on it. And no, you cannot run PC games on the ps3 that way. Good luck if you were to try, 256 megs of ram (not to mention a good chunk taken by the system already) isn't much to work with.

Back
Top Bottom