This is the computer im planning to build:

Pioneer DVR-212 18X DVD+/-RW Burner SATA BLACK With Software $45

Xsonic 7022D P4 450W Red/Black Case w/8cm Fan $65

Asus M2A-VM AM2 AMD690G PCIEx16 DVI-D VGA RAID GbLAN $102

Kingston KVR800D2N5K2/2G 2GB KIT 800MHz(PC2-6400) DDR2 NON E $79

Western Digital 320GB 8MB SATA Hard Disk Drive (WD3200AAJS) $95

AMD Athlon64 x2 (Socket AM2 Dual Core) 6000+ CPU (3.0 GHz) $189

MSI GeForce 8600GT 256MB DDR3 128bit PCIEx16 2xDVI TV-Out $99

All prices are in AUD. i got all these prices from http://www.qcgo.com.au/woolloongabba/

Your views would be greatly appreciated.

OK well i have taken all your advise and now i think iv got it perfect:

MotherBoard AMD AM2 S940 ASUS M3A (Phenom 64 x4 /FX) $121.00
CPU/Processor AMD AM2 Athlon 64x2 Dual Core 6000+ 3.0GHz $187.00
Desktop DDR2 Ram 4GB Kit (2x 2048MB) PC6400 800MHz Generic $132.00
3.5" HDD SATA-300 320GB 16MB Samsung (HD321KJ) $90.00
5.25" SATA DVD Buner/Rw Samsung SH-203B 20x (OEM with Nero 7.5) $38.00
ATX CASE CoolerMaster Centurion 5 RC-T05 with 460w Black $105.00
Wireless Keyboard Combo Logitech Cordless Desktop Wave $121.00
LCD Monitor 17" Samsung 740N (8ms /600:1) Silver $199.00
Video Card PCI-e (nV) 8600GT 512MB XpertVision (DDR3/DVI-D-sub/HDTV) $143

For a complete system for $1150 i think its great!

i would swap out the motherboard for something that is sli ready or a video card that is crossfire ready

also if you go amd mobo check out the 700 series they're pretty sweet

other than that, pretty sweet

Thanks... but i wouldnt use SLI or Crossfire and the MoBo seems perfect.

I wont be using the computer for state of the art games like cyrsis, just for regular games and homework and stuff.

well how old are you?
just asking cause i did the same thing when i first built my comp and im just saying leave yourself some ability to upgrade later down the road. when i first build mine i went cheap since it was just for school and now ive gotten more into games so ive spent much to upgrade mine twice now and im still not up to par with most average comps. you never now if you will get into games later on. just a suggestion, you'll be fine with that setup for a while

well how old are you?
just asking cause i did the same thing when i first built my comp and im just saying leave yourself some ability to upgrade later down the road....

Well im 13 nearly 14 and ive had some experience with harware, iv been watching videos and reading guides and it seems pretty simple for someone with common sense.

What kind of upgrades do you think ill be getting down the road?

Will you be overclocking? If you are you should have a look at the Intel Pentium Dual Core E2*** series. The pentium in the name may make you think that they use the Ds architecture, but they are really fully fledged Core 2 Duos with a smaller L2 cache, and they OC just as well as well. Check out this article from Tomshardware.com http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/Intel-Pentium-Dual-Core-E2140-overclocking,review-29816.html That system would they put together would make a very nice build and look how cheap it is! Just something to consider.

Im 18 guys, a buddy of mine wouldnt let me make a budget comp knowing himself like koston said, you might get into gaming more as i have since my build and upgrade wise a processor, quads and tricores will be dominating soon and im not sure if that mobo supports amd's pehenoms, from what i have read on tomshardware most mobos dont support them even though they say they do.

Your build seems pretty good.

If I'm building a decent rig like yours, I usually try to avoid the cheaper motherboards with the integrated video. You should be able to find better boards for the same price or a few dollars more. Also for the same price you can usually get a full size motherboard which offers alot more flexibility in the future.

Back
Top Bottom