Need help with graphics card

id go for the first one its pretty good in peformance(but i rather go for a 8800 GT OR a 3850*my only exception for ATI cause its worth the money and peformance*)

ok for the 8800's hows this one since the one at my work is way out of my budget,

1. EVGA 512-P3-N801-AR GeForce 8800GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card 600MHz core clock- Retail($269.99)

That's a good price for that card and you'll get EVGA's step up program, so you can use that for a 9800** when they come out. I say go for it. Please understand that you won't be able to max out Crysis even with an 8800GT, but don't worry, nobody can except those B#st*rds with 3-way SLI or CrossfireX. I have almost the same rig as you and I play at 1280x1024 IN DX9 at everything high except shadows (medium) and sound quality (medium) 0xAA. I'm getting 40FPS average in the lower levels and 30FPS average in the last levels when the aliens arrive. It still looks very good though, and the gameplay makes you forget about the graphics and your frame rate indicator. I don't even think I took one glance at FRAPS in the top left hand corner of my screen in the final few levels.

Either that or i stick with the 8600(the second one) until late feb, because isnt that when the 9 series come out, and just buy one of those

anyone know when they are expecting the 9 series

Back
Top Bottom