Q6600 Temps on air

PuNkY

In Runtime
I'm just wondering if these temps are "ok" for the Q6600 on stock air cooling.

IDLE:
7xsr96b.jpg

ON LOAD:
6k6e4o9.gif

Yep, that's good for stock cooling. The general rule with CPU temps is that they should stay under 60c. If you're going to be OC'ing then you'll need to buy an aftermarket cooler. BTW is that the G0 or B3 stepping?

Yep, that's good for stock cooling. The general rule with CPU temps is that they should stay under 60c. If you're going to be OC'ing then you'll need to buy an aftermarket cooler. BTW is that the G0 or B3 stepping?

G0 :)

I hate to burst your bubble but I don't think your temps are being read correctly. Coretemp and Speedfan were reading 15C to low from what i've heard. People are still having problems with V4.33 I would download Intel Tat and Everest and see what they say. Your temps should be reading.

Idel:
Core 0: 43C
Core 1: 42C
Core 2: 42C
Core 3: 43C

Load:
Core 0: 60C
Core 1: 60C
Core 2: 58C
Core 3: 58C

I'd say those temps are a bit more accurate especially on stock cooling.

I'd recommend PC Wizard 2008 for temp mesuring. Those temps mattiedashark posted above are still OK though.

I hate to burst your bubble but I don't think your temps are being read correctly. Coretemp and Speedfan were reading 15C to low from what i've heard. People are still having problems with V4.33 I would download Intel Tat and Everest and see what they say. Your temps should be reading.

Idel:
Core 0: 43C
Core 1: 42C
Core 2: 42C
Core 3: 43C

Load:
Core 0: 60C
Core 1: 60C
Core 2: 58C
Core 3: 58C

I'd say those temps are a bit more accurate especially on stock cooling.

I thought the B3 revision is the one that miss-reads the temps:confused:

EDIT: Damn your right... Idling at 43-45C :(

It's not the processor it is the software, I agree with Mattie, those temps are too low to be true.

Try CoreTemp and you'll see the difference he is talking about.

Back
Top Bottom