what my family learned today

you can print share with other OS's just fine, you just have to install XP drivers on the host computer, than you can use, or thats how ours works.

the computer its installed on doesn't work right (didn't meet minimum specs), but I added ram so it went from 96mb to 256mb so I might try reinstalling. then maybe we could scan!

My parents are demanding noobs. They run a home business, so I had to make an easy to use program in VBasic where they just input certain values and it put them in a nice neat estimate.

Then they wanted a file server. They didn't call it a file server though. Now I'm working on figuring out how to setup the answering machine with dual inboxes. I kinda like doing this stuff though. It's entertaining and since they never stop asking for stuff, it keeps me on my edge. Especially since they never want something simple.

I wish my parents actually did that kinda stuff, instead they wanna know how much a Home theater system costs, and then forget about if

Hah, my parents are computer noobs with everything. I setup the home network and I'm the admin, so every little problem with the network they come running to me to fix it. Even when it's a little problem with plugging something in.

On the bright side, I can kick people off our network as I please. :D

I do that, but its not as easy as it could be... I wanna get finger print readers, run the internet through my comp, and have accts for each person, but that will never happen....

I do that, but its not as easy as it could be... I wanna get finger print readers, run the internet through my comp, and have accts for each person, but that will never happen....

Get a cheap smart switch, can easily kick people off the network :D

My Family is pretty much the same,im the one who sets up everything,has passwords for everything,fixes everything,and if something goes wrong,im the one they blame,Ironic eh?

dont you guys hate when everyone comes to you to fix thier computer????? om goodness my mom asks me why her computer runs slow every week or 2 and i have to tell here that a pentium d 3.0ghz and 512mb of ram running 80 processes is NOT gonna run fast, my computer wont even!! haha (old dell that has viruses, no OS or dell cd's to reinstall anything)

lol ive tryed and none of the free things worked and errored on the computer! hahaha but i atleast end a buncha stuff

Back
Top Bottom