Picking a new Video Card

RhysAndrews

In Runtime
I'm finding it very hard to choose a new video card. Here's the situation:

- I had an Inno3D 8800GT 512mb. It didn't work on my computer because my motherboard has issues with cards with pci-e 2.0 (don't ask questions, nForce 630A chipsets do not work with pci-e 2.0 video cards). I'm selling it for $400AU so i'll have that much to spare.

- I want to get a card between $150 and $250 (au dollars) that does not have Pci-E 2.0 (so 1.0 or 1.1 or whatever). I would prefer a GT or GTS Geforce series, but I pretty much just want the best card that'll perform well with gaming and graphic design. There's so much to choose from, I don't know what is the best pick. I would also like it to support Direct X 10.

- THIS PAGE has a good list of graphics cards in order of cheapest to most expensive. I will most probably buy from these guys, and this is also in AU dollars so just look for a card between 150 and 250.

I trust you guys can argue and negotiate as to what the best card of this selection is. I am stuck, myself.

Thanks very much in advance
-Rhys Andrews

That one definitely looks nice. Thanks. Feel free to offer any other options that may be better value or better quality or something. I'll definitely consider that one - it has a nice box, that's the main thing.

-Rhys

It's a real shame that you can't use PCI-E 2.0 cards, it really limits your options. But how about the old G80 8800GTS 320MB. I've seen them going for real cheap now that the new 8800GTS is out.

Back
Top Bottom