Battery portion of my Battery-backup just died

Celegorm

Site Team
Staff member
Well, I was playing CoD4 against my boss like I do every sunday night. I was just about to shoot at somone when zzzerwwoo computer, and monitors go black. Oh $@#^&.

I heard a screeching, but Thought it was comming from my computer, so I unplugged it. Still there. turned off the battery part of the surge-protector and the screech was gone.

Slightly releived as things look better for my computer, I plug power, and on monitor into the regular part of the surge protector. Computer turns on. Now

I'm just mad because I could get a new PSU cheaper than a good battery backup. I'm doing a file backup now so I can shut my computer down tonight. Normally, this runs backup Monday mornings, but I'm not leaving it without a battery to support it.

that sucks, RMA the sucker, if you bought i from newegg than you can get a replacement from one year of the original purchase date. not sure about UPS backup though.

you also should invite me to those CoD4 matches, are they online\LAN? if there online than tell me the time and i can be there. :) or is it just a 1v1 thing?

Play COD4 against your boss, lol. I love it. What exactly is your job? I work in the tech Dept. at my high school after school. But its mostly just opening boxes with computers in them, or luging CRTs around all day for 7.50 minimum wage. I want to get A+ and maybe make a lil more, but I dont think it will help my job a whole lot...

he works at a computer store, CGfreak works there too, and him and celegorm are good friends from the looks of it. celegorm repairs things\helps the n00bs, etc. basically what we do here for free :p

celegorm was trying to fix his computer, brought it to that shop because he couldnt figure it out, told them what he did, and the guy offered him a job!!

he works at a computer store, CGfreak works there too, and him and celegorm are good friends from the looks of it. celegorm repairs things\helps the n00bs, etc. basically what we do here for free :p

celegorm was trying to fix his computer, brought it to that shop because he couldnt figure it out, told them what he did, and the guy offered him a job!!

umm... stalker???

but superman, don't feel bad. you make just as much as I do.

LOL, i was talking to about your job and how you got it\etc. a while back, i remember things ;)

also, dude, tell me the time\server you and your boss play, i want to play you!

Sundays. official start time is 8:00 pm centeral, but usually people get on early. You have my xifire, just follow me in.

When you buy a battery backup, how many watts do you need? more than your powersupply is rated, or does it not matter?

if you have that mike meyers A+ book he has a section on getting the right UPS backup....its pretty though to explain, ill look for something on google.

ill be there in a week :D get ready to get pwnzered :p

What make is it? I worked some place for a while, and they had a load of APC battery backup's who's battery kept dying!

Back
Top Bottom