What should I do?

Okay when I got my PS3 last week I had only watched a blu ray movie on it which played fine. I then popped Assassins Creed in Saturday morning and got about 15 mins of gameplay out of it and it shut off and started blinking a red light. I tried standing it up on end also lying flat as well and in the last attempt I put a window fan next to it. All results were the same the system would shut down after 15 mins of gameplay.

Now I can't get in touch with the place I got it from till Monday morning. I was looking at there terms were I got it from and it says if a replacement model is available they will replace it otherwise process me a refund.

Now i'm stuck because I have both games and blu ray films that I can't return so I need a PS3 now. So I have a few options.

Tell them I don't want to exchange the item and to just process my refund. I'm hoping I can do that without them saying they need to get the RMA back and then they'll let me know if there going to send out another 20gb model or just process the refund. I know I won't get my refund until they get the RMA back.

So should I try and wheel and deal with them and get a replacement for the $250 it cost me. Or just see if they can except the refund that way I can just go downtown and buy another one. I guess I don't mind spending a bit more that way I know I have a full warranty and sony has there 5 free blu rays with PS3 purchase going on.

So if they tell me tomorrow they will just process it as a refund when it gets received i'm going downtown to pick up another PS3 while I RMA that one.

So then the problem of should I get the 40gb version or the 80gb version. I only have the 20gb version now and had intentions of getting a 160gb drive with the money I saved.

I'm almost leaning towards just getting the 40Gb model for $399 since I already have a PS2 slim and don't really need BC although it would be nice. Just not nice enough to spend another $100 to do something I can already do.

The only other difference I can see would be no media card I don't care and 2 usb ports which is enough for me. It does not support SACD could someone elaborate on SACD and if its that big of a deal?

It pisses me off cause i'm off till Friday and wanted to do some PS3 gaming thats why i'm in a rush to get a replacement even at a premium. Even still if I pay $399 for a 40gb i'm getting 5 blu ray movies a rough value of say $100-$120 so its really only like $299 for the 40gb in my eyes.

Well, personally, it will depend on how much you're going to get for games. For example, if you're not planning to buy a lot of games, say like 25-20, then your 20GB is fine, but if you're planning to have an armoir of gmes, then depending if it's a half armoir (40GB) or full armoir (80GB), then you'll ask for refund.

Take it back to the place you got it from and exchange it for a working one. Quick and easy.

I've got to send it back since I got it online. So that means i'm going to have close to 2 weeks invested on getting a return. If they say they'll just issue a refund I can go down tomorrow and buy another one and send this one back were I got it.

I'm suprised nobody voted for the 40 gig. Seeing as I can get a 160Gb drive for $80 I can get twice the storage spaced as the 80GB for less money but no SACD or PS2 support.

Okay, that's actually different. But, how many games can you estimate to buy?

Hmm, then I'd guess to just RMA it. I don't think you'll fill 20GB with 7 games, and maybe over the years. If it happens to, you could just buy the HDD.

id get your money back, and get 5 free blu-ray DVD's, those things can run you a lot after a while. also you dont need the 80GB HDD, its not like your downloading stuff on it ;) you can always add space to the PS3 by usuing an extrernal HDD too i think

you can always add space to the PS3 by usuing an extrernal HDD too i think

You can always upgrade the hard drive, it's very easy to do on the PS3

You're scaring me because I'm hopefully ordering a PS3 next week. Not sure from where though.

Back
Top Bottom