A mature discussion about the reasons behind the boycott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'm happy the way the forum is now.
All I'd want to stop are the bots that keep posting the same thing, but I'm not sure how easy that is to stop, and if its even possible.

dude_se, you can stop now. Your actually getting me annoyed more than anything.

Your going to unban and re-instate the mods?...

:eek: fine. i just dont like people chatting stuff about me, in a quite offensive tone, and not about any of the "others", especially when im suprisingly trying to help.
[/end of rant]

dude_se, you can stop now. Your actually getting me annoyed more than anything.

Your going to unban and re-instate the mods?...

I'm with Kage. I was waiting for someone to say exactly this, but I couldn't be the first one.

its not illegal to prank call someone, they have a phoneline, you can call it, you have freedom of speech for the most part, hence legal.

@

dude_se, dont worry, if people dont like what you say than they shouldnt read it IMO, not like your breaking a rule, thats my philosophy.

I'm with Kage. I was waiting for someone to say exactly this, but I couldn't be the first one.
and how do you think im feeling?
its like im the small kid on the playground and all the bullys are ganging up on me.
if you want to moan then moan at "the ringleaders".

as i said end of rant. i thought id just post that for joepic

its not illegal to prank call someone, they have a phoneline, you can call it, you have freedom of speech for the most part, hence legal.

NO. THAT'S NOT FREEDOM OF SPEECH

This pushed me over the edge. Do you know what Freedom of speech means? Have you ever taken a look at the constitution? I want you to read the first amendment, and then come back here and think about what you said.

David, Great post too.

You need to understand free speech though. Depending on the nature of the call, it can be illegal. If it was derogatory, or insulting in anyway, you do not have the "freedom" to say that.

and Good Post David.

Well David has said he wants to end it and so be it, I only hope those in question are happy now as there greed or need for change brought this all about, dividing the forum and chaos is what its caused, what an example to new members we have shown.

thats what i meant when i said "for the most part". you can call someone names, hell ive been to washington DC and ive seen some pretty bad signs pointed at bush\white house staff, they dont get taken down.

also the consitution is VERY vauge, all the 1st admendment says is the basic rights freedom of speech, freedom of the press, assembly, petition, one more im forgetting i think/

Religion...
Look. Freedom of speech does not entail you to prank call someone. In most states, calling somebody with the intent to annoy or harass them is a misdemeanor violation, and punishable by up to 6 months in the county jail with a $1,000 fine.

thats what i meant when i said "for the most part". you can call someone names, hell ive been to washington DC and ive seen some pretty bad signs pointed at bush\white house staff, they dont get taken down.

But if what you are saying is slanderous, it is illegal. Have you had government class yet? If not, you will learn all about it.

The only reason people can get away with stuff against the president is because there is proof on some of the things. You need proof to back you up for it to be legal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom