Is my PSU good enough for an 8800gt?

A card like the 3850 shouldn't really suffer from having 256MB of VRAM, so just get the card Atomic Rooster posted.

the 8800GT will blow that PSU as soon as you turn it on. my 8800GTS has put 2 of my PSU's through the RMA process, and it was 650wattt\39amp 12v

sorry to hijack this thread, but the powersupply you showed him had TWO 16amp 12volt rails, now since there is two do you add them up and then thats how much there is total amps? because if so then i will be able to buy something cheaper then i thought i was going to have too!

i was thinking of getting this (because removable cables) before i get an 8800gt

Antec NEO 500

for minimum req's purpose, you can add them up, although thats technically not accurate. anyways that power supply will suffice a 8800GT, although make sure you get a motherboard that has a pci x16 slot, because in your specs you have an AGP system.

i would get a complete overhaul, for modern gaming on high settinsg that build is quite old

But the wattage of thd PSU is not a very accurate way of telling how good the PSU is. A good quality PSU should supply the majority of it's power through the 12V rail. Your PSU, which has an amperage of 19A on the 12V rail, does not do this.

Back
Top Bottom