A mature discussion about the reasons behind the boycott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mayor is completely right. I don't know how many times we've tried to tell you guys this. You're way too immature to get the message through your thick little heads... threatening that you're going to leave, worrying about snitching.. are you guys that immature? Especially you, Rudster, and others... you all need to grow up and understand the only problems on this website are YOU.

If you're not happy, please leave. Keep complaining about a banned member. They're not coming back. David didn't ban them on a personal level. They got banned because of what they did.

If you're not happy with his decision, then just leave. It's not fair to the other members of this forum.
I agree 100% but who's mayor?

I agree 100% but who's mayor?

mayorredbeard

_edit_
Ok,Heres my 2 cents,First off it wasnt a Hate forum,it was a forum for members to sign up and talk about how we were going to approach david,when we had a good amount of members we were going to make a petition for the changes we wanted.The Attempted crashing server stuff and prank phone calls was stupid. I Have made several threads about changes have to be made but everyone shrugs them off and forget about them,but i think a majority of memebers would like to see some changes around here.Banning Arrizx (Sorry i mean De-Modding him) and banning Compman was stupid,they had the balls to try and make a difference.

As far as im concerned,what we have here is a Communist forum.

I agree with you. They did have the balls to stand up, but how they chose to stand up was a bit on the immature side. they could have gone and done it better, and avoided all this fiasco

QUOTE=blackjack;736572]Here we go again changes WHAT CHANGES!!! assistant admin? what gives you or anyone else the right to order him to have a assistant? I would rearly like to see this, why did you see fit to have to set up a behind closed door gang to descuss things about CF ? you should have set up a thread here and let all members have there say if you already have but nothing got done well then it wasnt ment to be, you have only dug your own hole the way its come about, so for sticking up for this forum im a COMMUNIST lol :D thats a new one so what are you the Third Reich[/QUOTE]
first off, if you read the thread you would see that I HAD POSTED THE LIST OF WHAT THEY WANTED EARLIER:
yea, they were basically just trying to get this:
* Bigger avatars
* Improved logo
* Theme specifically for the VB version
* Reputation bars fixed
* Custom signaturs (within reason, such has colors, fonts and userbars)
* More post count ranks
* Various other unmentioned things.

and then they chose to go behind their "closed door dang" because everything here turns out to be a bitching fest, where all that happens is an unintelligent discussion of why cf is fine now vs why it sucks, instead of the actual thing that is being requested.

Now I'll agree that a clean board does look very professional, but the mismatched edit and quote buttons, thats just not professional. there is a version of the theme that can be installed in five minutes that IS DESIGNED tod work with this version of Vbulletin, however we are not using it. the small avatars look FINE, the rep bars have been taken care of. THERE are users that make a really nice logo, and what does david do? oh, the color is off. oh, the size is off, AFTER the corrections have been made, as if he only reads to page 5 of 6 in the thread. we had it in the perfect state to work here, and then David turns a blind eye. Why? he doesn't want to use it, and hes afraid of the bitching fest that will follow if someone were to mention how a user created that logo. who cares about post counts? its just little text under their name. as far as I'm concerned mine could say n00b and I wouldn't give a crap. its like the rep, yea its flawed, but then again, what newbie comes on and posts a question and ranks the answers by the rep and the user title? NO ONE!!!!!! as far as sigs go, they add flair to the who professional theme, like the avatars. it looks nice, like a bright tie with a black suit. Its one of those things where having bbcode is nice. we have mods that are fully capable of keeping them in check. I actually like the 5 line rule. it keeps the forum from being overrun with sigs.

Mayor is completely right. I don't know how many times we've tried to tell you guys this. You're way too immature to get the message through your thick little heads... threatening that you're going to leave, worrying about snitching.. are you guys that immature? Especially you, Rudster, and others... you all need to grow up and understand the only problems on this website are YOU.

If you're not happy, please leave. Keep complaining about a banned member. They're not coming back. David didn't ban them on a personal level. They got banned because of what they did.

If you're not happy with his decision, then just leave. It's not fair to the other members of this forum.

I friggen love you for that post. all of it. it is pure gold.

and to sum it all up: David is not gonna do shit until we stop with out little bitching fests. until we learn that a mod I want is not wanted by everyone else will not get installed, and that a mod everyone buy 2 people want should get installed, David is just gonna watch. Hes afraid of the retaliation when it does get implemented, and thusly avoids it. we have to stop posting in threads about what we don't like, quoting what everyone else says, and saying that its Davids server, suck it up, get over it, have my way, cry cry, piss my pants, cry fro mommy and dayy, cry cry, kiss butt. JUST state that you don't like it, and why, AND DON"T TOUCH THE DAMN THREAD AGAIN!

yes, I know I am yelling with CAPS, but I have a message to get across with that.

meh. im just stuck in the middle trying to get as much info as i can. im not doing anything childish, it wasnt my idea, and im not suggesting we leave.
tbh its time for davids 2 cents on all of this...

he either needs an assist admin, or to do some of the changes we want.
without us there is no forum. it needs changes. otherwise a lot of us wont come back (im staying btw w/e happens)
simple as that. we cant keep ignoring this
Mate I thought you had more sense I really did, so if you think I'll keep my position as mod on your forum you're very much mistaken, you can shove it where the monkey shoves it's nuts!! :mad:
This is how brainless you sound, I quote; "....without us there is no forum", oh very clever, it's called cutting off your nose to spite your face, so you & the other misguided miserable lot would destroy CF would you, what would you do then, wander around aimlessly or play by yourself? [or should that be with yourself] for all I care, you can go away permanently, as I advised Dukemcbob to do, bye bye!
bye.gif

Mate I thought you had more sense I really did, so if you think I'll keep my position as mod on your forum you're very much mistaken, you can shove it where the monkey shoves it's nuts!! :mad:
This is how brainless you sound, I quote; "....without us there is no forum", oh very clever, it's called cutting off your nose to spite your face, so you & the other misguided miserable lot would destroy CF would you, what would you do then, wander around aimlessly or play by yourself? [or should that be with yourself] for all I care, you can go away permanently, as I advised Dukemcbob to do, bye bye!
bye.gif
A little harsh?

I agree with what Brookfield is saying but I think the point could have been put across in a more civil way.

No, I think we've tried it enough in a civil manner. Nobody wants to listen and theres no other way to do it. It's really getting ridiculous.

No, I think we've tried it enough in a civil manner. Nobody wants to listen and theres no other way to do it. It's really getting ridiculous.
That's true. In the end, I guess it's David's forum and he's free to do whatever he wishes to do in terms of new features or modifications.

I really think whoever suggested a Denial of Service attack on the Strikers forum needs to rethink their priorities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom