Windshield Wash Fluid

I once grabbed a bottle of deck cleaner thinking it was windshield washer fluid (hey, same bottle type...), put it in my car, thought it was strange it was clear and thought it was just water until I looked at the bottle...

Well, it did work ok at first, but then it started drying on my windshield which resulted in the windshield wipers sticking and not cleaning the windshield correctly...it was raining that day too and I had to drive somewhere... I'm just brilliant aren't I? :rolleyes:

I later got it out and now I will just use water, I think it works better than deck cleaner anyway... :p
Water will work in the summer, but you need to put regular windshield washer fluid in for the winter time. The water will freeze and mess everything up.

No I did not. So I'm not a true man. She went home and I didn't have the nads to call her the next day after the fiasco.

Anyways you can make your own windshield washer fluid by mixing rubbing alcohol with water. It would lower the freezing point enough. I doubt alcohol would do anything as the pH level of alcohol is 5.5 and since water is 7, it'd probably average out to around 6-6.5. But thats only if your really cheap tho :p

No I did not. So I'm not a true man. She went home and I didn't have the nads to call her the next day after the fiasco.

Anyways you can make your own windshield washer fluid by mixing rubbing alcohol with water. It would lower the freezing point enough. I doubt alcohol would do anything as the pH level of alcohol is 5.5 and since water is 7, it'd probably average out to around 6-6.5. But thats only if your really cheap tho :p
LOL...yeah, windshield washer fluid is cheap, I remember kmart having a sale on it for 86 cents a gallon.

Heh, one time I almost put transmission fluid in my engine. :p Chevron makes the engine oil and tranny fluid bottles look so similar...

Back
Top Bottom