My Hard Drive is getting eaten up.

All you need is to install the mobo drivers on the CD, then download drivers from your video card manufacturer site. You should also check ASUS's site for any updates.

download drivers for:
video card (which you listed your processor for this, although it may be integrated, i dunno)
motherboard drivers (check motherboard's site.. Typically, windows can assign a driver to onboard stuff, but won't be fully compatible, it's better to download all the motherboard drivers)
No real order when installing drivers. Typically, i always put the video driver in first, because if you don't, then your computer will look ugly, and most likely be running slugishly. Then, definately put all your motherboard drivers in.. Make sure you have your ethernet drivers, audio, video drivers. Your monitor should be plug & play, and you can get updated hard drive drivers, but those typically aren't necessary. When formatting with XP, just make sure to use NTSF...

I just checked AMD site for my driver and I couldn't find it.
I have a AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual COre Processor 3800+

But under Windows XP>Professional>Radeon.....it doesn't have a 3800+ 'driver'
AM i looking under the wrong list?

Did you try
http://www.jumbo.com/file/39039.htm

Im curious to see if it would delete those files...

I installed it and something wrong happened. It wouldn't load and windows gave me a program error. I had to uninstall it through system mechanics, it messed up my normal windows add /remove feature. When I clicked it it wouldn't open up as well.
No big deal. Once I uninstalled it the windows add/remove feature worked.

$#$&)@&$$%# I misplaced my windows xp cd, turned my place upside down but no luck. Theres goes $100.

I have a Vista Basic cd that came with my laptop, can I do a fresh install of this operating system on a xp computer, or are there other steps when installing new OS.

When doing a fresh install, it doesn't matter if its vista or XP, just check the compatability of Vista and your graphics card, and sound hardware... You'll want to see the "works with windows vista" icon, or "made for windows vista" or "ready for..." etc... Also, if you go to there websites, just see what OS versions there drivers are for... if vista isn't listed... than beware...

When doing a fresh install, it doesn't matter if its vista or XP, just check the compatability of Vista and your graphics card, and sound hardware... You'll want to see the "works with windows vista" icon, or "made for windows vista" or "ready for..." etc... Also, if you go to there websites, just see what OS versions there drivers are for... if vista isn't listed... than beware...

thanks, unfortunatley my hardware is a few years old, so its not vista supported. I'll have to find a xp cd somehow.

Back
Top Bottom