A mature discussion about the reasons behind the boycott

Status
Not open for further replies.
kinda build a hype behind it i guess, and to eventually grab the attention of ppl

which it obviously did, just not in the way we expected

it was kinda more like a strike, but to benifit both sides
to make the users happy, and to help CF

You know what could help? CF turned off for a week. Let the users actually smell frsh new air then come back.

IS Owner
Kage
Mr Mix
Brook
Joxley
Raffaz
NeonFire372
Rudster (I dunno he's gona squeal)
Dude se
Freestyler
G35x
Trivium nate
Muz
Root
Tommy Boy
Setishock
Mike Reiner
DJ Chris
Superman 22x
99Nasha
Catalyst
Ronco Rox
Joe pic
Kchi55
Black Jack
Mattie the shark 83
Rubber314Chicken
Atomic Rooster
Wombat
Ssc456
Drum Thrasher
J03
Neodude112320
Spyware banisher
Jervin32189
DannyBoy
BrynFuk
TheBigDIntX
Mayor redbeard
A true folder
Flight Sim Boy
Jo5h
Need WoW Now
Lowndsey
Ahyoka
Sek3o1
ZKilla
T-Man
Zer0Cool
Ghost_FL
Thrashshredder
WorshipMe
DB4rt
Cavemangrinder
Whoa Whoa......whats my name doing on that list????

I have absolutely NOTHING to do with this....I don't even know the website address!

Where'd you get that list Rudster??

CF has it's fair share of problems I would love to see resolved, but right now things aren't so bad that I would leave.

Wow, I can't belive the amount of immaturity SOME of the members are showing. Pretending to mean no harm to David. Mate, you've been on the forums for what, just on a month...what gives you ANY tiny piece of right to start making little 'groups' rallying against people you have never met in your life.

There are some people on the internet, and this forum that really need to think about whether this forum is what they want. It's already been said in this thread, so just to clarify. If you don't like this forum or it's members, it's administration, it's rules, it's content, whatever. Then please, the forum welcomes suggestions Here, and they will be looked at. If the ADMINISTRATION sees no need or want for the suggestion to be implemented, then it's at ADMINISTRATION's discretion. The last time I looked David Lindon was the only Administrator of this forum, not a moderator, not any member, and not some rallying group of people that show no respect to this forum, it's members or it's owner. I enjoy coming to this community and i've learnt a lot from it, and i'm not going to let some bunch of disrespectful "members" of the community to go behind the forums back and let it bring down it's reputation. It may not have been your intention, but it was pretty damn childish to break the forum into 2 sides, intentional or not.

And to the people that pranked/maliciously attacked the forum, you can just go get a life, I honestly laugh at you for your lack of finding something better to do with your life.

Matt

Okay I started this thread with the hope we would all come to a common realization.

I went to a friends house to watch some football, and 6 pages later the point has still not been realized. You guys are on the right track; but I'll help you out.

This goes beyond wanting bigger avatars or pictures in your sig. It goes beyond banning a few members and personal disputes. This is a forum. A community of people with common interests who come together to engage in conversation regarding this common interest. Thats it, nothing more.

And what we are seeing now; is what I believe, to be a collision of what CF use to be and is now. I have been here a long time. Often just as a spectator, but I think I've been here a while. 4 Years is a long time to watch things change and evolve over the course of a forum. And while at times I have stopped visiting CF b/c I thought their were too many people posting 'OMG LOOK WHAT I JUST BUILT' threads, and other stupid stuff; I have always come back.

The old members for the most part are completely satisfied with the way things are. We don't want to be brothers and sisters, we like what we have. But some people are committed to making CF more then that. And if you want to think of the people as your friends, but they're not.

WHAT I'M TRYING TO SAY IS you guys are making too much out of this. This is a cool place to talk about computers. Don't make this personal because a person or two got banned. This is a hobby site and nothing more. Stop overreacting. Stop being so demanding of David. He has brought us together in a unique community to share our common, nerdy interest. An interest that we could not revel in anywhere else without our girlfriends breaking up with us. That is the purpose of this site. To talk about computers; thats it.

And if you don't like it leave. I would appreciate it. All I want to do is talk about computers. I don't want to deal with drama. I don't want people to complain about the latest banned member; and I don't want people to boycott the forum because they want a few more smileys. Let's just chill the fuck out, and be nerds. Cause in the end, thats what we are.

WE ARE NERDS WHO WANT AN OUTLET TO TALK ABOUT COMPUTERS WITH FELLOW NERDS AND NOTHING MORE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom