A mature discussion about the reasons behind the boycott

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was asked to paste my other post in here so my thread could be deleted I think cause it's getting a lil out of control, anyway. Of course ignore it if you already read:

Wow, I just came back from a long LAN party to be surprised @ the state of CF at the moment, what the hell? Juice, Compman and Esa193 are banned? So George Monks AGAIN tried to apologize and people are arguing with Dudemcbob0876. Can I just say how pissed off I am @ db4rt reading what he's been saying about boycotting CF - absolutely ridiculous!

Look, I know I'm a technical noob and I don't have the experience to assist others in the technical forums so I don't post there but I do read and I'm grateful for what I've learned so I hope I do have some credibility when I say I'm on David's side too.

Now, we got the custom avatars, we may not have flashy signatures but I bet alot of the members would turn just them off, I know I would. Moderators, I was happy with DJ-Chris' promotion and more will come with examples of mature responsibility, can't exactly rush it. Reputation, we've seen thread after thread about it, it's probably the most popular topic when it comes to CF's suggestions forum and it's staying... for now, David just made a little change to it recently too. The CF theme, yes I guess it's a bit boring but I'm usually the one to be fussy about things and it doesn't bother me... although I haven't been here very long, I know. I know nothing about how V Bulletin works but wouldn't there be basic changes to edit the color of the panels?

I haven't slept yet so I may be typing too much but I can't see such significant problem that justifies an attempt to halve CF's active community and blackmail David, FFS! I've never spoken to David personally but a couple people have to remember that David has other responsibilities and maybe what if (only a what if) he had personal issues at the moment and all this community seems like is a burden if a paticular group of people just complain all the time. Negative rep me or flame me - meh... I got that off my chest.

What's the point of boycotting a forum? To my sense, there's really no intention. I don't even know the URL, unless I was IMed that one. Honestly, I'm happy the way CF functions, and I do believe it happened when CF had a White screen...

There's no point to boycott a forum. I think the fact that we have a very weak member base is close enough to a boycott. If we want more members, we should change the way this forum is run and attract members instead of unbanning people. This whole rebellion thing is a waste of time since nothing will be done.

Well, just letting you guys know that the Staff of this forum is here if you have any problems what so ever. I myself am on AIM for massive amounts of time, and celegorm pops in occasionally as well.

We try to be as neutral as we can... But you also have to understand one thing. There are 3/4 really active mods, and we also have jobs and school. We can't do everything right away.

I feel like we could add more people to the staff, be they mods, super mods, or admins.

Just my two cents.

CF needs to start acting like a real fucking forum, not a family. It's a community, period. Families DO NOT exists in forums involving PCs. I've never thought for a split second that forum can have this much and long drama. I can't go out for a day and look how it goes.

Wow, this is beyond pathetic. David's not at fault. You are ALL at fault, including mods. You have decided to build that upon yourself to include that much drama. If we were all to be thinking of CF as a community, it would have been a hell lot better, but nooo....you guys want this, want that, complains about this and that...well, you know what? LIVE WITH IT OR GO! It's not to your taste life will be, and that's an example.

The whole boycott thing was to find a way to tell David they wanted different things added to the forum. I got one of those PMs and went there just to see what it was. I didn't care to join in. They wanted stuff like bigger avatars, pictures in sigs, more smileys, a different theme. I think a forum is made of the people who post there, not what it looks like... I really don't think it looks very good to have pictures in sigs anyway. People make the biggest possible picture and put it on there and it just takes up a lot more space. The only thing that really needed to be fixed was the white screens. That doesn't happen a whole bunch anymore when I get on.

yea, they were basically just trying to get this:
* Bigger avatars
* Improved logo
* Theme specifically for the VB version
* Reputation bars fixed
* Custom signaturs (within reason, such has colors, fonts and userbars)
* More post count ranks
* Various other unmentioned things.

if juice compman and the others don't get their accounts back, you can plan on seeing another member leave......

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom