DVI>HDMI Cable, No Audio??

drumthrasher

Fully Optimized
What the hell I bought a DVI>HDMI cable because I can have crystal clear display and audio at the same time, according to my video card and the cable package.

I connect everything, turn everything on, yet no audio. I changed the default thing to the HDMI audio output, yet nothing is there.

Also CCC said that I have to get a separate audio device, why would this be? The video card said it supported integrated 5.1 surround sound...

HDMI -> DVI?

Because DVI is a Video input only, correct me if i'm wrong

You'll need to somehow find a secondary audio source...

HDMI is all in one, but when you plug it into a DVI adapter, you're restricting the audio...

Ehh never mind i'm taking it back...if I don't get audio, which was my main thing I wanted it for, which the package and video card says it suports, then I don't want it.

It does support it, but not through DVI. I'm assuming you want HDMI for it's picture, or an easier way to play on your monitor. You'll need an audio source too, as DVI is only picture.

How come on the video cards packaging, and the cables packaging, say that they are capable of 5.1 surround sound audio, what the hell?

Back
Top Bottom