A mature discussion about the reasons behind the boycott

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there are only so many things that we need added to the forum, and things already do get changed/added now, such as the recent custom av's etc. I can't really see why there is an absolute need for another admin as I think David does a good job, and the mods do a fine job of moderating spam and other bans/posts. I appreciate everyone's views and this is just mine. Good to see this thread is being mature.

Matt

lol....

we go from

Furby
Furbies Revenge
DBE's\White Screens
Bad Brooky
Custom Av's
A "Boycott"

this forum is really beginning to write itself a history in the short time ive been a regular

crikey....go to sleep for one night and this is what happens

tell me about it. Last I checked at work, there was a thread about this in staff, and the announcement. Now I come on and there are bannings, spam, and like 6 threads about the boycott thing.

Damn...I'm kinda reading through the previous/locked threads but so far I've figured out that ArrizX is no longer a mod, Juice/Compman and Esa are banned and someones PM was censored:confused:

|Edit|
Holy S**t, Jeez. Never mind...I found out. Why would ArrizX, Compman, Esa and Juice lead a Forum dedicated to hatin' on CF? What was their cause or what were they wanting changed?

First of all someones pm was not censored. Dave read no ones PM's (to my knowledge). He merely added the URL to the boycotting forum as a swearword on the swearword filter. Which automatically stars it out.

Lets try and stay on topic guys. This is about the possible need for another level of admin. They would clearly need to have more rights then current mods to make the changes that many of us want. What extra powers would this new class of assistant have that current mods don't already have?

As an alternative to this, what about a ticket thing. We create a list of what we feel are the most IMPORTANT changes that need to be made, and David does them when he has the time. We all say that their need to be 'changes' but what are these changes? The suggestions/feedback forum is practically empty. The changes we want need to be clearly outlined somewhere if we ever want David to get around to them.

Lets not talk about the bans and people who have lost privileges. This thread is not about that. No more talk of 'censored pms', or any of this junk. Just discussion on whether or not we should have a new class of moderator added with more privileges. I'd appreciate it if a mod deleted any posts in this thread irrelevant to the discussion.

ArrizX isnt banned, like some have said, although i highly doubt he will bother posting here

No offense but this is exactly the kinda post we don't need. Lets try and keep the posts on the topic of the assistant adminastrator idea, not about bannings and all the other stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom