Suggestions Please!

That's a great build. Have fun. If you want to know a few things about OC'ing your Q6600, check out Cryman's "what's wrong with my temps" thread. I'm currently helping with his OC. He has almost exactly the same setup as you.

No point getting a case which has a psu since you are buying a separate psu.
You are just paying extra for the psu, one which you will probably never need. Just get a case which doesn't come with a psu and you will save some money.

Could his link be construed as advertising?, he is new & probably doesn't realise that it's against CF rules, I think a mod should just warn him, no more than that though, yes?

no, it's not advertising, it's asking for advice.

please carry out the discussion as normal, people need to be allowed to discuss where they are buying from and the parts and builds that they are getting/making so that we all know where the best deals are.

obviously if someone came here and said no, you should buy this system from me that can be found at xyz site, then that would be advertising.

XP Home will not see the full 4GB of RAM. You need a 64bit OS for that. XP Pro 64bit isn't worth the trouble. I'd get Vista Home Premium 64bit with that system.

Back
Top Bottom