whats going on with my temps

Go for it, select 400FSB and an 8X multiplier. MAKE SURE you are using a 1:1 multiplier or you RAM won't be able to handle it.

ok, do i just goto bios , ill do that now, what if it isnt do i change it,or do i have to do rasie somthing

In my ASUS board, it doesn't have a setting to change the ratio. So just set the RAM frequency to the lowest possible, this will change the ratio (it will probably be 667MHZ) Don't worry that it's lower than the RAM is supposed to run at, it will be running at 800MHz once you've OC'ed. Next change the FSB to 400, and the multiplier from 9 to 8. Then save and reboot. If it won't boot into Windows. Go to your BIOS, and up the Vcore to around 1.3V. Good luck!

ok
doing it now , thanks .
wait , what if it doesnt boot up.

do i need to change the timings from 5-5-5-15 to 4-4-4-12, is that safe and will it make a diffrence

We'll get to that later when you're up and CPU OC is good. They will be set to your RAM's default specifications anyway. Let me know what happens. If it doesn't boot into Windows, just enter your BIOS and increase the Vcore to 1.3V.

ok, now i just did it too 350x8=2.8 and did bench mark and i got 12385,ill go up in a min,
what are good temps when ur playing a game for a couple of hours

in cpu-z it says my DRAM frequency is 351mhz is that an error , because it should be at 800, it also says im 1:1 with cpu

Under load, you want your CPU temps to be below 60c. Your temps are fine if you're idling at 30c. The memory clock CPU-Z is showing is actually 351x2 (752MHz effective) once you get to 3.2GHz(400FSBx8), the RAM will be running at 800MHz. Go ahead and go to 400 FSB.

Glad I can help. Don't worry, It will almost definitley boot into Windows fine, if it doesn't, it's not going to cause any damage or anything.
EDIT: Damn it! I just realized. Once you're at 3.2. You're going to beat my 3DMark06 score. Noooo!

haha i didnt beat it, now what can it be, maby its the ram timings. i got 12968 ahh

Back
Top Bottom