Q6600 Overclocking. What am I doing wrong?

First you should read a guide on OC'ing, there's one on this forum if I'm not mistaken. Then, once you understansd the basics, start. I see you already have the Q6600 running at 3.2GHz in the BIOS. Have you already applied these setting? Or is this just you testing? If you haven't applied them, go ahead and do so. My Q6600 is running at those setting right at this very moment with that exact same Vcore and a P35. If it won't boot into Windows. Increase the Vcore slightly and try again. Don't go above about 1.35V though. If you go this high and still can't get in, you know your RAM or mobo is holding you back. If it loads fine. Then increase the FSB by about 5MHz, then apply. If it boots fine, increase by another 5MHz and repeat the process. When it gets a bit unstable increase the Vcore slightly again. Go by these rules but don't go above a 1.45V Vcore with the Q6600 as it is likely you will run into heat issues. Before you start, download PC wizard 2008 and post your temps.

Well i entered those setting then saved. But when i reboot my comp, PCwizard still says my CPU is running at 2.4 MHz, stock. My temps are CPU- 30 idle GPU 53 idle.

Is these something I have to do to get the comp to boot with these new settings?

Don't worry about what PC wizard says. It's just going by the Q6600 stock specifications. If you look along the top toolbar of PC wizard, there should be a little icon that looks like a CPU chip. If you hold your your cursor over it, it should say overclock. Click on it, this will show your true settings like your BIOS does. Just make sure your Q6600 isn't idling when you click it as when the Q6600 idles, it automatically switches to a 6x multiplier.

Back
Top Bottom