Drive Mounts

brentagade

Beta member
I'm having some issues with multiple hard drive placement, as certain spots end up covering up connections on the motherboard. Does anyone know where I could purchase something that would allow me to mount a 3.5" Hard drive into a 5.25" slot?

Also, a buddy of mine said something about these tab things that allow you to squeeze and slide the hard drive in and out, then let go and it will hold. I guess more flexibility instead of the screw holes for mounting the drive in one position. Anybody ever come across these?

On a different subject, what's the norm for fans as far as intake and exhaust? I have a 90mm on the back, an 80mm on the side panel, and a 120mm on the front.

Thanx

Heres the basic version of what you're loking for
Drive Adaptor
I'll have a quick 'butchers' for the HD tab slot mounts, i have seen them around before, and as far as cooling goes, im not sure if theres a norm, once some other people start checking out this thread they'll probably be better equipped to help. Aslong as everythings cool and it aint too noisy should be fine, Right??

I don't know the answer for the 1st question but for the fans, I would use the 120mm for the back as an exaust, the 90mm for the front as intake, and the 80mm on the side for intake.

also your signature has to be 5 lines or less.

Back
Top Bottom