Dudemcbob0876?

Why not just unban every member we've ever banned and give them all a second chance? C'mon... spamming, posting nasty pictures, being rude to members, threatening members, making multiple accounts and phishing aren't all that bad are they? Let's just give them a second chance to screw up! (sarcasm for those of you who don't know!)
Now I know why we don't have many active members, because we can't be taken seriously with this kind of stuff.
I think I'll be looking for a better forum with a set of rules that are enforced. I like it here, but I don't want to stay where there are few active members and where banned members are let back in just to make us look busier. Now I know why Arrizx and lots of others don't post here anymore. I'd like to know WHY you let him back after he already spammed on his last account? He's already back and postwhoring again having made like 40 posts in a day which weren't really that useful. If we're going to have him back, put him on a ZERO strikes leash.

Amen to that.

Quoted for the f-ing truth.

Why not just unban every member we've ever banned and give them all a second chance? C'mon... spamming, posting nasty pictures, being rude to members, threatening members, making multiple accounts and phishing aren't all that bad are they? Let's just give them a second chance to screw up! (sarcasm for those of you who don't know!)
Now I know why we don't have many active members, because we can't be taken seriously with this kind of stuff.
I think I'll be looking for a better forum with a set of rules that are enforced. I like it here, but I don't want to stay where there are few active members and where banned members are let back in just to make us look busier. Now I know why Arrizx and lots of others don't post here anymore. I'd like to know WHY you let him back after he already spammed on his last account? He's already back and postwhoring again having made like 40 posts in a day which weren't really that useful. If we're going to have him back, put him on a ZERO strikes leash.

I understand some of it. But I never posted nasty pictures. So no everything thats spam comes up your going to point your fingers at me?

I myself have allowed my activity here to lapse somewhat, for the same reasons as mentioned above.

There appears to be a very loose interpretation of the rules here and in my mind David Lindon is not enforcing them properly and effectively allowing his staff to run riot, and random bannings of innocent members does not help anything at all. I see today that CompMan is banned, but can find no reasonable explanation anywhere whatsoever. Yet, besides this, previously banned members with vast numbers of similarly banned accounts are allowed back, and immediately return to their old ways without any immediate action from staff?

I consider myself to be reasonably intelligent, but my logical thinking fails me here. I am not attacking anyone here, but I am sure I am far from alone in thinking that this does not make any real sense. By the logic displayed here, I agree with troy that all members should be unbanned entirely seeing as there is such a wide-ranging and arbitrary application of the rules as to whether or not someone should be banned. In my mind, moderators should not be allowed to issue bans as it is perfectly clear that there is too much disagreement and infighting going on surrounding this.

Aggressive moderators (who are continually seen to be fighting with each other), moderators not doing their job effectively, a lack of variety and change within the forum, one rule for some members and one for all the others... I can fully understand why some long term members choose to pack up and leave.

Heading back onto topic, DudeMcBob's history before and after his banning really reflects what others and myself have said. He should not be allowed back, especially after he knowingly had several accounts which is clearly against the rules. What sense is there in banning several multiple accounts and then unbanning the original one knowing fine well that a leopard cannot change its spots? Arbitrary interpretation again.

Well thanks for the warm welcomes guys.

You set yourself up for this. You spam the crap out of the place, get banned, then go you on to make another account and even attempted to lie about it and after all that you got a second chance.

Do you really think we're going to be happy about that? Seriously...actually use your brain and THINK about it.

Well it was davids decision and I thank him for letting me back. But unless I get banned you guys are going to have to deal with it. Complaining wont make it better.

Well it was davids decision and I thank him for letting me back. But unless I get banned you guys are going to have to deal with it. Complaining wont make it better.

Yeah yeah, we all know that. Not exactly one of his best decisions. Just don't expect everyone to give you a warm welcome like you expected...

We'll have to deal with it, but do remember that you are on a tight leash no matter what. You screw up and you're out of here. Hah and if you get another chance after that...well lets just hope it won't come to that. CF already has a failing member base. It doesn't need anything else to corrode the integrity of the forum.

I didnt expect anyone to give me warm welcoms. I just expected to stay quite for a while and slowly earn my respect back from everyone.

your not doing a good job, specially after telling that guy that DSL isnt good and that he has to go cable :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom