Dsl Bandwidth

green101

Baseband Member
Hey i was wondering if anyone knew why when i download my download speed goes from 80Kbps to 0 at unstable rate but in a very similar pattern, first 80kb dl speed for 3 secs then 55kb then 0kb. It goes all in a pattern and now i cant even watch a youtube video without being interrupted every 5 seconds. Can someone please help me?

Yea dsl. Are you running off a phone line. If you are thats the problem. Otherwise what else are you using?

Yea its in a phoneline but there is a filter. I also have set up a wireless router, i reseted the router reput my info in and then does same problem tho

Well just the fact that it is set up on a phoneline is the problem. You need to get verizon or comcast for internet. Then there wont be any lagging.

Yea dsl. Are you running off a phone line. If you are thats the problem. Otherwise what else are you using?

Well just the fact that it is set up on a phoneline is the problem. You need to get verizon or comcast for internet. Then there wont be any lagging.
There are no problems using DSL, there is DSL service out there that is as fast as cable.

To the OP.......
Sounds to me like either:
1. You are too far from the DSL hub and you aren't getting the speeds that you should be getting or...

2. Your ISP is throttling your bandwith. How long has this been happening? Do you download a lot?

DSL is fine, there going to be upping the speeds of DSL technology to 100Mpbs in the next year or two. dont say something unless you know what your talking about :rolleyes:

looks like your ISP is limiting your bandwidth, after the next billing period passes the downloading speeds should return to normal.

Honestly, to me this sounds like a hardware problem at your end of the line.

You should first isolate the problem by connecting a computer DIRECTLY to the internet (Plugging your computer directly into a modem), than trying to download files, doing speedtests etc. If this doesn't work, phoning your ISP wouldn't be a bad idea.

Back
Top Bottom