Q6600 Overclock high temps?

One 120 on the front blowing in. My 120 on the rear is exhaust, and my 80 on the side is also blowing in. I wish i had more room for more fans, but my case just isnt configured right. Im really hoping after the AS5 has cured my temps will lower a little more.

Almost forgot. My cpu fan is blowing directly at the rear exhaust fan.

"My cpu fan is blowing directly at the rear exhaust fan."
Ok foregive me if I interpet this wrong but it sounds like the fan is sucking air out of the heatsink. It should be blowing in to the heatsink. If pulling air out it only gets the tip ends of the fins and not enough air, if any is passing over the rest of the fin's surface. If I'm reading this right turn the fan around so it blows in to the heatsink.

Zalman 9700 is a heatpipe cooler with the airflow to the rear of the case, the exhaust side of the Zalman is directed at the case exhaust fan, mine is set up the same way.

"My cpu fan is blowing directly at the rear exhaust fan."
Ok foregive me if I interpet this wrong but it sounds like the fan is sucking air out of the heatsink. It should be blowing in to the heatsink. If pulling air out it only gets the tip ends of the fins and not enough air, if any is passing over the rest of the fin's surface. If I'm reading this right turn the fan around so it blows in to the heatsink.
Also the CPU fan shouldn't be facing towards the exhaust fan, it should be facing the front of the case and should be blowing air through the HS.

Also make sure your Zalman 9700 is turned up all the way. I had a similar problem, but then realized my Zalman fan nob was turned all the way down. 70c on a stress test, turned it all the way up, and now it only get's to 60c on a stress test with cpu throttling @ 100%

I got my Q6600 running@ 3.2 Ghz, idle temps are 45-50 and prime95 25.5 takes it to around 70-71 max. That seems a little high right. I have 2 120 mm panoflo, one intake one exhaust, and a 80mm blowing right onto my zalman 9700. Vcore set at 1.4. Any reason why my temps are so high? From what I have read idle should be around 35. So I know something must be wrong here.

Also, you should be able to get close to that high without messing with the vcore. Make sure you keep a 1:1 ratio with your ram

I got mine to 3.15GHz w/o messing with the Vcore.

Wait a minute, 1.4V is quite high for a Q6600. Do you have the G0 stepping? I do and I use a 1.275V Vcore at 3.2GHz

Back
Top Bottom