my XPS M1330 came in! w00t! pix & commentary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

an0nym0us1

In Runtime
my friend Duc and I decided to get matching laptops cause they were discounted so far. i got a killer deal on mine and it's exceeded every expectation that i've had for it. aside from the normal things you would get with a laptop (charger, manual, cds) Dell gives all XPS customers, an expresscard media remote, XPS protective carrying case, XPS cleaning cloth for the screen & Creative Labs earbuds. Dell really goes above and beyond for their XPS customers, which really sucks for normal Dell customers (i bought a cheaper labtob from them earlier this year.)

CIMG1257.jpg

CIMG1282.jpg

Alpine white cover

CIMG1262.jpg

CIMG1263.jpg

matching white Razer Pro|Click Mobile, bluetooth mouse

CIMG1276.jpg

Pros: standard LCD is plenty bright, LED backlit LCD may be a decent upgrade and it costs $150 more. we will see what difference it makes when Duc gets his with the LEDs.

"touch" bar buttons that light up when you touch them are cool, the slot load dvd drive eject button, media player buttons and voltume control are on this bar.

aluminum wrist pad, aluminum "feel" keyboard and touchpad feel really nice and the keyboard feels amazing compared to my inspiron keyboard.

two headphone outputs 1 input is great if you want to watch a movie with someone, but don't want to disturb the people around you.

accesories included rock! comes with XPS binder for manual/cds, XPS cloth for cleaning the screen, XPS protective canvas case, creative labs earbuds, Remote control for media players that fits in the card slot.

the whole thing is less than 4lbs, ULTRALIGHT. very portable, the 13.3" screen makes it just small enough to carry it around in the included case very easily.

battery life with the 85Whr battery is about 3 hours with LCD on brightest and the vid card being stressed. yesterday my friend gamed for 5 hours and the thing didn't overheat or lag at all.

Cons: slot load DVD drive is loud as heck, DO NOT MOVE THE COMPUTER when there's a disc spinning, it makes a messed up noise.

speakers could be a little louder, they're very clear, but they could use a little more power.

Overall, the XPS M1330 has plenty of power required for today's power user. It's a great value for the price, and offers some of the options only much more expensive laptops offer. The build quality is very solid, which is hard to accomplish with a laptop of its weight. The touchpad and keyboard are very responsive and yield better performance than other dell counterparts. The standard LCD is very nice with an integrated mic and webcam on top, it is bright and has no problem keeping up with games. I would recommend this laptop to anyone who's willing to pay a little more for a nice machine.

specs:
13.3" WXGA glossy monitor with camera, Mic
T7500 Core 2 Duo processor 2.2ghz/4mb/800FSB
3gb of DDR2 667
250gb SATA HDD
Nvidia GeForce 8400m GS 128mb graphics
slot load DVD-RW drive with "touch" buttons
ExpressCard Media Remote
Ports: HDMI, Firewire, VGA, 2 USB, 2 headphone/1mic, network, ExpressCard slot

{Edit} Watch the language

I'll probably be making the same thread when I get my HP DV9700T in a couple weeks....:) Nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom