chipsets

kostonbleeds

In Runtime
can anyone suggest a good non-nvidia chipset? Ill most likely be going with an ati graphics card and i may want to crossfire it down the road but not necessarily need too. but im just looking for some ideas of what chipset i could go with thats not totally breaking bank i.e. chipset < 115$

this is also for an amd board

yea thats an intel board....im also not sure what my budget is....i mean my parents opted to buy this for me for my bday and i dont want to go crazy but they also didnt tell me how much i can spend....i would like to go with the 790FX but i have a feeling that would short me for the other equipment

I'd like to recommand you go with the best motherboard, becuase thats the backbone, No point in going cheap on it and gettting the best CPU and Vid card.. thats just my opinion... get the 790FX with like a 5000+black edition, and a HD 2900 Pro ... that shouldnt cost much. Note its best you use an ATI card with that chispet, thats why I picked ATI .

thats what i have on my wishlist now just with the 3850 and the 4600+ just from reviews and they counter act each other price wise

i also totally agree with you on now going cheap i know you basically get what you pay for but money is an issue and im not a HUGE gamer so i dont need the super power

hmm ok, if this helps use my setup as a treshold, my CPU 4000+ is bottlenecking my x1950pro.

the AMD 7-series chipset looks like its going to do pretty well, looks like its good bang for your buck when it comes to the 790X chipset. the 790FX is the best, with the 770 brining up the rear.

is the 770 a descent chipset that will last for a while as long as i dont want or need to go crossfire? Id rather go with the msi platinum 790fx but money is tight these days

Back
Top Bottom