My Problems With Be Broadband

That speed is fantastic is there any limitations to it like certain hours no downloading of big files.

nope none that were clearly mentioned and i have read lots of comments on how great the service is and how it truly is unlimited.

i think i might be ready to set up my web server now lol

exactly why im still trying to sort it out and i haven't given up yet,

its the £18 a month 1 upto 24 Mb but im quiet far from our phone exchange but 8Mb download is good as far as im concerned ,

shouldnt really say this but i jus got a copy of i am legend in bout 45 mins :O
If you mean the connection speed, I'm getting 100 mbps with Plus.com.

oh rubbish
It's the truth, there you go again, I get really really sick of you disbelieving me & you're no better T MAN, :(, as I type this I'm hovering my pointer over the tray on the far right & it states;
Connection speed 100mbps

That would be your network connection speed. How long you had this supposed 100Mbps connection for Brooky?

It's the truth, there you go again, I get really really sick of you disbelieving me:(, as I type this I'm hovering my pointer over the tray on the far right & it states;
Connection speed 100mbps

Hahahaha, Brooky that just shows how little you know about computers.:D :D

Here is a bit of light reading for you Brookfield and note the date.................If you don't believe me maybe you will believe this

ADSL to reach 100Mbps speed!
November 5, 2007
According to The Sydney Morning Herald, a 29-year old Australian wiz kid, Dr.Papandriopoulos, has found a way to squeeze more broadband juice out of your phone line, which will improve DSL speeds. Apparently, the technology eliminates a lot of the cross-talk interference and is easier to deploy than competing solutions. I'm amazed that our simple single-pair copper phone lines can carry 100Mbps of data across far distances from the CO (central office) to the home. I remember the days (1970s) when I was lucky to get 300 baud speed connecting to a local BBS (Bulletin Board System).

Dr. Papandriopoulos expects the technology to be deployed by ISPs in the next 2-3 years, which should give DSL providers a nice boost.

http://blog.tmcnet.com/blog/tom-keating/technology-and-science/adsl-to-reach-100mbps-speed.asp

And this from the website of your own ISP website.
All options come with up to 8Mb speeds1, 1 month contracts and 24/7 UK-based support.
1 - Why ‘up to' 8Mb?

* Broadband is described as ‘up to' 8Mb because download speeds will vary depending on your telephone line and location.
* The average speed on up to 8Mb broadband is 5-6Mb. BT Wholesale estimates that 78% of customers will achieve download speeds of 4Mb and above.
* Download speeds will vary significantly in the first 10 days after connection and then will become more consistent.

Now you say you are sick of me disbelieving you...well if it wasn't complete garbage then I wouldn't be disbelieving you.

Fair dinkum Brookfield..you have obviously made an error and anyone can make errors...but to get the shits at someone for not believing some thing you say that they know is wrong...and on a subject you admit you are not all that savvy on is just plain downright arrogant IMO.

Here is a bit of light reading for you Brookfield and note the date.................If you don't believe me maybe you will believe this

ADSL to reach 100Mbps speed!
November 5, 2007
According to The Sydney Morning Herald, a 29-year old Australian wiz kid, Dr.Papandriopoulos, has found a way to squeeze more broadband juice out of your phone line, which will improve DSL speeds. Apparently, the technology eliminates a lot of the cross-talk interference and is easier to deploy than competing solutions. I'm amazed that our simple single-pair copper phone lines can carry 100Mbps of data across far distances from the CO (central office) to the home. I remember the days (1970s) when I was lucky to get 300 baud speed connecting to a local BBS (Bulletin Board System).

Dr. Papandriopoulos expects the technology to be deployed by ISPs in the next 2-3 years, which should give DSL providers a nice boost.

http://blog.tmcnet.com/blog/tom-keating/technology-and-science/adsl-to-reach-100mbps-speed.asp

And this from the website of your own ISP website.
All options come with up to 8Mb speeds1, 1 month contracts and 24/7 UK-based support.
1 - Why ‘up to' 8Mb?

* Broadband is described as ‘up to' 8Mb because download speeds will vary depending on your telephone line and location.
* The average speed on up to 8Mb broadband is 5-6Mb. BT Wholesale estimates that 78% of customers will achieve download speeds of 4Mb and above.
* Download speeds will vary significantly in the first 10 days after connection and then will become more consistent.

Now you say you are sick of me disbelieving you...well if it wasn't complete garbage then I wouldn't be disbelieving you.

Fair dinkum Brookfield..you have obviously made an error and anyone can make errors...but to get the shits at someone for not believing some thing you say that they know is wrong...and on a subject you admit you are not all that savvy on is just plain downright arrogant IMO.
May I just point out that I went broadband months ago & noticed that at first it was 4mbps, then about two weeks later it was 8, & so on over the next 6 weeks, gradually building every other day to what it is now, I was suprised myself at 100, but just thought that's the way it went.....hang on, it says "Mbps" not mbps is there a difference?

100Mbps or 100mbps same thing...whatever it doesn't matter it is NOT your the speed you are connected to the internet it is the speed you are connected to your router/modem at. Big difference as i was saying. But no doubt you will flame me again for disagreeing and not believing you.

Back
Top Bottom