video card cleaning issue

edbs357

Baseband Member
i was doing the routine cleaning of my computer inside the case and noticed that a piece of trash got stuck on my video card. i tried to remove it but it is stuck in there really good. wondering what i can use to clean that up. do you guys have any suggestions????thanks for the help

What you mean by a piece of trash? Whats been getting into your PC?

i was doing the routine cleaning of my computer inside the case and noticed that a piece of trash got stuck on my video card. i tried to remove it but it is stuck in there really good. wondering what i can use to clean that up. do you guys have any suggestions????thanks for the help
A picture might be good.

i don't know how it got there. its a very little piece of paperlike stuff. it almost looks like when you have a sticker and then you rip it off and it doesn't completely come off and it leaves off a trace of paper. it look like that. my pc is not malfunctioning or anything just want to know if it can be cleaned.

ps. the thing is too small for a pic

Where is it on the card? If its somewhere like on the fan shroud thing try some googone, don't use it on the PCB though it might damage it.

Remove the card from the pc, clean with isopropyl alcohol (use a q-tip/cotton bud, depending on where you come from) , reseat in the pc.

EDIT: Don't drown the thing, just rub at it with a damp q-tip/cotton bud

Back
Top Bottom