Urgent Help!! With OS/New Hardware

_-..zKiLLA..-_

Fully Optimized
ok well i got my new mobo and so i go and put it in today works fine. got the RAM in the CPU and so on... First Boot up. works.. YAY!! cant wait to get an OS working.. so i go and grab my WinXP Pro CD. (That Juice mailed me. Thanks) put it in. i go into bios and tell it to boot from CD and i save and it does a reboot. well it says "PLEASE CONNECT BOOT DRIVE AND PRESS ENTER" (or somethin like that) and so im like WTF?!?! so i call up Asus thinking im doing something wrong. and he says that i might have to boot off of a 6 Floppy disks. so i go to m$.com and download the file. i pull out 6 (REALLY Dusty) Floppy Disks. Do a clean format on each one. then start the program. CMD Prompt opens and i do what it says. then i go and put in the first floppy (of the 6) and go to BIOS and tell it to boot off Floppy. then saves and reboots. and i get this error.
dscf0683is3.jpg

what should i do???...

its a really great motherboard. gave me no problems in BIOS. I would just love for it to WORK!!

lol i had this same exact problem, go into bios and where it says floppy just click it and click [none]

i did, i made just the first one floppy and all the other disabled.. that didn't work. so i made them all floppy and it still didn't work.. ugh this is making me mad. this should be easy

noooooooooo only disable the floppy, change the other ones back, just where it says floppy only disable that one slot =D

well thats the thing.. i cant get it to Boot off the cd either. it keeps trying to boot from a hard drive then gives me an error and tells me to put the system drive in.

Back
Top Bottom