Cloning My Hard Drive

guitardude777

In Runtime
I need to clone my Seagate drive onto my new Samsung drive. I'm trying to use Seagate's DiscWizard program, but it's having a problem reading the partition on my Samsung drive and the program won't even start. I ran all of the tests on the Samsung with their HUTIL utility and it passed every single one, so I know that the hard drive is not defective. Can anyone recommend a good hard drive cloning program? Preferably a free one.

Can anyone help me out? The hard drive is being recognized by Windows and I can put files onto it, but for some reason Windows cannot format the drive or scan it for errors. I was able to format it with the Seagate utility, but now when I launch the Seagate utility it won't boot because it isn't recognizing the partition on the drive. I tried cloning my drive onto the new one with Seagate's DiscWizard and it didn't work even though it said it did. Then I tried Norton Ghost and that didn't work either. I'm thinking it's because my computer does not support SATA 3.0 Gbps. I'd switch the jumper pin setting on the hard drive if I could, but it didn't come with a jumper pin! Do you think that's the problem?

Back
Top Bottom