My Problems With Be Broadband

ssc456

Fully Optimized
ok just thought id share my troubles with you.

ok 31st august 2007, i phone be broadband and attempt to register with them they take my mums debit card details and then say there is a £24 activation fee i then tell them there is no money in the account at the moment so dont continue with the order i will phone you in a month or so when i have a debit card you can register with.

so ok i take the piss a bit and decide to phone them yesterday a bit of a delay i know but n e how i get on the phone to them give them my home number and they say you are already registered with us just change your card details online so i do that then they decide to tell me i oh the £85

so i question this and they tell me i ow them £24 activation fee then £18 for
septemver - november
£18 for
november to december and £8 for december to january.

plus some charges somewhere

so i tell them i have not been using there service and they hadnt sent me a router out to use it with, they then say yes we will not send you a router until you pay the £24 activation fee.

at this point im getting really annoyed and i refer them to an email that i recieved in september that says card unauthorized payment awaiting member response, ( aka my mums card failed like i said it would and they want me to update card details) so i say that email says awaiting member response therefor you should not continue with the order until i update my card details or contact you.

so i then have a final say and i tell them,

"ok despite what happened there is no way i am paying for 3 months worth of broadband i have not used, i will pay you the £24 activation fee and £18 1 months line rental that is it."

the lady on the phone then turns to say we can accept that payment but you will still ow us money for the past 3 months.

so i tell them ok how do i complain because there is no way that is going to happen, she tells me i can email them so i do and i recieve an email back this morning saying thankyou for your payment i get really annoyed and think if they have taken £85 out of my account ill kill em lol, but the email also said your router has been dispatched and we will begin to bill you once you have recieved it, now that is my key line from the email.

so i phone them and question how much they have taken out of my account they say £18 for january to febuary i say ok fair enough and the router is coming so we are all square, she then says no you still are 3 months in debt, i then point out the clause in the emails that says when you recieve your router we will begin to bill you monthly, she then stumbles on the phone and goes to check something with the manager and then comes back to me and says ok when you recieve your router phone us and we will remove the last 3 months bills,

i then cheer and green from ear to ear lol and take down her name and the time and date i made the call, now i am just hoping that when i recieve the router they do not change there mind. just thought id share that with ya.

sorry for writing so much lol

wow good job.
cant say ive heard anything good (or bad luckily) about BE, i hope its a good service for you

When I went broadband, the guy in the computer shop where I always go, set it all up for me there, I didn't do a thing, I trust him, as I've been going there for years so he filled out the downloaded form on screen using my master card number, method of payment which was through my bank, all I had to do was go to the bank 200 yards down the road, cancel the old narrowband account, & enter the broadband account details, no hassle, no fuss.
The router, microfilters etc arrived boxed the next morning by carrier,from Birmingham about 180 miles away, he had ordered it when he did the other arrangements.
When it arrived I phoned him as he asked, & he came in about an hour, fixed it all up including four microfilters & he was away in half an hour, time from setting it up in his shop, to leaving my place, job completed approximately nine hours, the cost not including the router etc, £20 call-out fee.

looks like u got a good deal there brooky, i have to say the only reason i am still continuing with be broadband is because they are unriveled in my area when it comes to speed and despite my problems i hve heard they have been rated really good on there service

man that is a long process, here for my company a dsl (Broadband) ISP, we set them up and they wait about a week and they should be online, if not we credit them any lost time asap. The only time we can do anything is is the phone company is having troubles, i remember this one cust. we had to tell him several times that there is a problem with the phone company disconnecting service from his old number, man was he pissed and there was only one way to say it, but we credited him the lost 3 weeks, so he was ok bout that.

Well done for standing your ground, I had a similar instance a few years back with the bank, I went over drawn and didn't realize it so I got a letter saying I now had to pay a substantial amount of charges as I been in arrears for several months, annoyed at myself I pay the charge and get on with life then about two weeks later I get another letter from the bank saying I owe them £150 charges for not paying the first set on time. Furious now I RUNG THE BANK and told them I payed the first charge the same day I received the letter so how can I be charged again? it turned out the original letter had been sent to the wrong address ,sent back and forwarded onto me by which time it had surpassed the summons pay back time so I was sent another letter by automated bank computer. anyway they agreed to erase the charge thankfully, I repaid them by immediately closing the account and took my money else where.

well be have pulled there finger out becuase i ave now recieved the modem i am connected and look,

i just phoned them and spoke about getting the last 3 months cleared and there is no supervisor to be able to do that they are going to phone me tomorrow

Wow, what speed of service did you sign up for? Thats an excellent speed and an excellent price if you can get that crap worked out.

Wow, what speed of service did you sign up for? Thats an excellent speed and an excellent price if you can get that crap worked out.

exactly why im still trying to sort it out and i havet given up yet,

its the £18 a month 1 upto 24 Mb but im quiet far from our phone exchange but 8Mb download is good as far as im concerned ,

shouldnt really say this but i jus got a copy of i am legend in bout 45 mins :O

exactly why im still trying to sort it out and i havet given up yet,

its the £18 a month 1 upto 24 Mb but im quiet far from our phone exchange but 8Mb download is good as far as im concerned ,

shouldnt really say this but i jus got a copy of i am legend in bout 45 mins :O

That speed is fantastic is there any limitations to it like certain hours no downloading of big files.
Amount per/month aswell (Gb)

Back
Top Bottom