GPU shader clock.

worshipme

Golden Master
Is it possible to raise the shader clock on my 8800GT, only I've seen factory OC'ed cards with shader clocks of up to 1650MHz, as far as I know, mine is 1500MHz.

Not sure about Riva Tuner 2.05 but I know 2.06 includes shader overclocking. Work on the Core first then the memory and shader clocks. Make sure you have 3dMark handy that way you can test various settings to see which gives the best performance increase.

As you increase one you lose clocks in the others. Example pushing the core really high will normally limit your memory overclock although thats not as important as the core.

I used Ntune to OC my core and memory clocks, they're running at 700/1025. Does the shader clock increase with this? Is there a program that I can use to see my SC?

I have a little question. If you do not mess with the voltage with the video card, you can still damage it by overclocking it?

I have a little question. If you do not mess with the voltage with the video card, you can still damage it by overclocking it?

Yes anytime you overclock something there is a chance of damage. If you don't have money to burn on a replacement card, I don't suggest going for extreme clocks. Granted its hard to tell how long one will last most have 3+ year warrantys. Really though who uses the same GPU for 3 years though.

I never run my GPU overclock 24/7 I only turn on Riva Tuner when I feel like playing a game. After I'm done playing I reset back to default GPU clocks.

Back
Top Bottom