Computer Build Question

JRoc0116

Solid State Member
I need some help with a problem I'm having. I'm currently building a new gaming computer and this is that second one that I have built. Tonight I finally received my memory and thermal gel so I have everything. Hooked everything up and the fans work, mobo lights up, temperature gauges work, dvd-rom works, can only assume HD works, I mean everything at least has power and turns on. However I'm getting a "No signal" display on the monitor. The motherboard that I have has dual PCI Express x16 slots and I have two video cards for it with SLI configuration. I have checked all the power connections and everything but still the same message. The message appears as if I turn the monitor on with it not plugged into anything. I have even tried to just run 1 video card in the first PCI slot and still the same message. I'm kind of at a loss right now and was wondering if anyone else is more familiar with SLI or the motherboards that support them. Also my mobo doesn't have an onboard video input so I can't test to see if that would work. Any help would be appreciated.

Sounds like a monitor problem to me. Have you checked to make sure all the cables are tight on the monitor? Is it DVI or VGA?

Once you check that make sure you have the monitor cable plugged into the VGA slot on the gfx card, not the VGA slot for the onboard video on the motherboard.

im wondering what this is, i have a simular problem in my older computer, are you sure that you dont have a older operating system on it, if thats the case then it could be that its reading the old drivers ( i think thats whats wrong with mine =\)

im wondering what this is, i have a simular problem in my older computer, are you sure that you dont have a older operating system on it, if thats the case then it could be that its reading the old drivers ( i think thats whats wrong with mine =\)
Video cards work right off the bat without drivers even so it's not a software problem, since the monitor is getting nothing at all.

This is a complete new build, HD is wiped nothing on it to read old drivers from. I have tried 3 different monitors also. The monitor I want to use has both DVI and VGA and each video card has 2 DVI ports. I have tried plugging into the DVI to DVI and also VGA to DVI through an adapter. Still nothing.

Try different RAM, or different combos of the RAM you have (one stick by itself, and test every slot on the board). if you get no signal from either video card, it's either motherboard, or RAM.

{edit} this goes out to everyone in this thread, but can we watch the double posts please?

I only have 1 stick of the 2Gig RAM and I don't have any other DDR2 800 that I could test it with. The mobo has 4 slots for RAM and I have the one I have in the slot that says DIMM 0 on the mobo. The layout is DIMM 0, DIMM 2, DIMM 1, DIMM 3. So I figured slot 0 would be the one I would have to have it in.

Back
Top Bottom