Presidental Election 2008: Pick and Defend Your Candidate!

karling07

Daemon Poster
Hey everyone! Unfortunately I only have 10 poll options so I'm forced to only show the front runners, but please still feel free to discuss the other candidates and indicate which one you chose for "other":

Ron Paul
Joe Biden
Duncan Hunter
Chris Dodd
Alan Keyes
Mike Gravel
Dennis Kucinich
Fred Thompson

I think that's all of them

I personally support Bill Richardson because I believe he has the most experience and will be able to lead and unite the country because his beliefs are not radical, but still very effective. I also like Obama; unfortunately, there is not one republican i would even consider voting for right now.

Discuss! Even if you won't be voting I'd love to see your opinions; this will be my first time voting and I want to make as informed a decision as possible. For those of you in the UK, please still feel free to vote and discuss if you have an opinion

Play nice :)

EDIT: Thank you to Alex for posting this
http://www.electoralcompass.com/language/en

Wow, you missed three big ones: That Clinton chick (If she's elected I'm moving in with DJ_Chris), Barak Obama, and Rudy G.

I will be able to vote, and currently plan on voting for Rudy G. Things could easily change though.

Out of people I think have a good shot at winning, I'd vote for Obama. If I could pick any candidate though, I'd vote for Kucinich.

I won't be voting in the primaries but I will be voting in the final election (not like my vote matters, but whatever).

Alex- I know what you mean... It's tough to pick between the candidate you really like and "throwing out" your vote

Wow, you missed three big ones: That Clinton chick (If she's elected I'm moving in with DJ_Chris), Barak Obama, and Rudy G.

I will be able to vote, and currently plan on voting for Rudy G. Things could easily change though.

I respect your opinion, but honestly, if there one candidate I could choose not to have anything else to do with our government, it would be Rudy Guiliani.

I feel like his only support comes from his connection with 9/11, and he answers all his questions with the same answer: 9/11.

Also, not unlike from our previous leaders, he has shown to be a corrupt politician.

I just can't trust someone who has almost directly quoted the conservative lunacy of Orwell's 1984: “Freedom is not a concept in which people can do anything they want, be anything they can be. Freedom is about authority. Freedom is about the willingness of every single human being to cede to lawful authority a great deal of discretion about what you do.”

Alex, I agree with you very strongly on that point. And it's not only Rudy; that reason is why I find it hard to support any of the republican candidates. McCain is okay, but when it comes down to it, it seems as if all of them are asking for sacrifices in freedom for our "safety", Guiliani especially

I pick Barack Obama. I wont be able to vote this time, but if I could he is the one I would vote for. For one because he is Black, it might help with some rasict people, but maybe not. I dont really have a good reason but he is the one I would pick.

^^ Right, but when I look at some of the other choices like Hilary's "Experience" as a president and all that stuff, He seems like the best of the worst.

I'll be honest when I say I love none of the candidates. The debates say a lot to me, it's not what they say, it's how they say it. I just want to make sure I get out and vote so when things go wrong and my guy isn't elected, I have the right to complain.

Back
Top Bottom